The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 9320
Original post by laut_biru
I'm re-reading Ender's Game.

Loved that book :biggrin:.

Just finished "Emperor-The Gates of Rome" by Conn Iggulden and now Im gonna read The Girl with a Dragon Tattoo to fill in the time for the next Emperor books to come from the library.
I'm reading Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas by Hunter S. Thompson. I'm really enjoying it so far; I've just reached the second part.
Original post by JayReg
Loved that book :biggrin:.

It is so very awesome.

I'm meant to be reading Birdsong, as someone has it reserved for when I'm done with it.. but I want to read the first edition copy of The Demolished Man that I got from the library.

Choices, choices..
Original post by Lafayette Blues
I wanted to read it - I've not read any Hardy :smile: Although I will probably count it for wider reading when my exam gets nearer. Then again it is quite long...

Haha, in which case you're very brave, taking on Hardy voluntarily :biggrin: We're reading it for English at the moment, and though wonderful, it did take a while to really draw me in :biggrin:

__

Just finished Slaughterhouse Five - about to start reading My Name Is Red ^^
Original post by chocolatechip02
The Elegant Universe (Brian Greene)

I have finished it couple of days ago :biggrin: really good :biggrin:
Pride and Prejudice and a locally written book called The Rest of Our Lives :smile:
Reply 9326
In search of schrodinger's cat :smile:
Reply 9327
Harry Potter et la Coupe de Feu! I've been surprised at how much I've been able to understand. Also going to start Animal Farm by George Orwell, which I've been meaning to read for ages. :smile:
Reply 9328
The Surgeon - Tess Gerritsen... got a few of Tess' books waiting to be read but I was too busy re-reading John Grishams. Not long started this one but it definitely has me intrigued.
Original post by Kayeffsee
Haha, in which case you're very brave, taking on Hardy voluntarily :biggrin: We're reading it for English at the moment, and though wonderful, it did take a while to really draw me in :biggrin:

__

Just finished Slaughterhouse Five - about to start reading My Name Is Red ^^

Ha thanks :smile: but tbh I probably wouldn't like it at all if I had to read it. I did P&P at school though -_-

P.S. Slaughterhouse 5 is totally on my to-read list!
Original post by jcockerill1
I've got a list of 1984, David Copperfield, Dorian Gray, Oliver Twist (had it but lost it) A Tale of Two Cities, Jekyll and Hyde, so I shall add that to it! Thanks! Not sure it can be as good as Gatsby though, that's such a beautiful book.

No problem. That's a nice list :smile: get hurrying with 1984, everyone should read that book.
No problem. That's a nice list :smile: get hurrying with 1984, everyone should read that book.

If you like 1984 you should also read: Brave New World; A Clockwork Orange; We.
Original post by alex_hk90
If you like 1984 you should also read: Brave New World; A Clockwork Orange; We.

Done, done and done :smile: Need to re-read We though, didn't feel like I got enough out of it

Yes I've heard that, kinda ashamed I've not got round to reading it before now :erm:
Done, done and done :smile: Need to re-read We though, didn't feel like I got enough out of it

Impressive. :smile: Fahrenheit 451 and A Handmaid's Tale?
I'm attempting to read Robinson Crusoe for one of my modules. Most boring book EVER.
Original post by alex_hk90
Impressive. :smile: Fahrenheit 451 and A Handmaid's Tale?

Ah you caught me out! They're on the list though...
You read Do Androids Dream of Electric Sleep?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 9337
The definition of chick lit - 'Postcards from the Heart'. Can anyone tell me whether it's worth pursuing? Not particularly impressed so far!
Ah you caught me out! There on the list though...
You read Do Androids Dream of Electric Sleep?

Now you've caught me out. :smile: I've watched Blade Runner though, does that count? :tongue:
Reply 9339
never let me go by kazuo ishiguro.
been wanting to read this book since the movie came out, so i'm glad i finally got hold of a copy! :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending