The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
hildabeast
Yeh that's right - and nope, its anything but boring!!! Just one word of advice - if you do come to oxford, please be aware that it is a HELL of a lot of work. No matter how hard you thought A Levels or whatever were; i don't care if you did 3 or 13; the work here is IMMENSE!!!!! Do not be fooled - be prepared!!!!

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

lol, lets not think so far ahead....i'm just gonna wait and c if i even get an offer first....!! but at least u seem to enjoy oxford!
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 41
gemma1811
Yeah i was thinking that! Im not worried, if the acept me great, if not, hu cares anymore! Good Luck with the Oxford interview, i'm sure that u'll do fantastically and they will offer u a place, u sound like a strong applicant! xxxx

Thank u, will keep any news posted. xxx
Reply 42
Trivance
wonkey, we are in the same boat. I was rejected by LSE on 3rd Dec, but i have not received any letter from them, i got this info on ucas website.
my grades are AAA on maths, further maths and physics and purposed course in lse is actuarial science.
anyway, i am going to oxford for an interview this sunday.

ouch...
Reply 43
wonkey
nah.....but if they're gonna reject u, they'll have their stupid reasons.....like......y should we choose british japanese over real japanese who will bring in more $$$?? lol u get wot i mean?

they get some money for all students.......home students' tuitions are paid for by government....so the university recieves the same amount of money for a foreign or home student......i think LSE is big on internationals is coz they want to have a prestigous global reputation.....
Reply 44
matouwah
they get some money for all students.......home students' tuitions are paid for by government....so the university recieves the same amount of money for a foreign or home student......i think LSE is big on internationals is coz they want to have a prestigous global reputation.....

Well if you ask me its totally abysmal. They have a well established international reputation, thats all great. But i think they ought to cut down the amount of overseas students entering, bloody hell i'd feel like a foregner in my own country.
Instead of setting so called quotas on how many international students must get in to maintain international prestige (my own theory), they should cap it in all the best british universities. We were educated here and pay bloody tax and therefore should have preference over foreigners. It would be ok if they were already resident here, but coming straight from abroad, its crazy.
who agrees?
Reply 45
RobinHood
Well if you ask me its totally abysmal. They have a well established international reputation, thats all great. But i think they ought to cut down the amount of overseas students entering, bloody hell i'd feel like a foregner in my own country.
Instead of setting so called quotas on how many international students must get in to maintain international prestige (my own theory), they should cap it in all the best british universities. We were educated here and pay bloody tax and therefore should have preference over foreigners. It would be ok if they were already resident here, but coming straight from abroad, its crazy.
who agrees?

lol, i totally agree.....i back u all the way!!
does anyone know if oxbridge are supposed to know which other uni's you've applied to?

I had my interview today and they asked me which ones i'd applied to and wat offers i had.

Anyone else had the same experience?
Reply 47
samit_mapara
does anyone know if oxbridge are supposed to know which other uni's you've applied to?

I had my interview today and they asked me which ones i'd applied to and wat offers i had.

Anyone else had the same experience?

well.....no-one is 'supposed' to know, but who knows?! u had ur interview where today? so did u tell the truth and tell them all your offers?! :s.....i don't think i would......and i don't think many people get asked.
Reply 48
wonkey
well.....no-one is 'supposed' to know, but who knows?! u had ur interview where today? so did u tell the truth and tell them all your offers?! :s.....i don't think i would......and i don't think many people get asked.

I just got an offer from LSE
Reply 49
claire1985

WoW Welldone. What subject? whats the offer? do they ask u to go and visit them or interview etc...??

I thought LSE 'd make offer around feb/March...
Reply 50
claire1985

Congratulations! Me too! Yay!
Reply 51
wow, well done you guys! when did you apply, october time? you got offers for which subjects? :biggrin:
Reply 52
Well done, thats fantastic! What subject did u get your offer for?
xxxx
Reply 53
gemma1811
Well done, thats fantastic! What subject did u get your offer for?
xxxx

dont u just wish u'd have an offer from lse ....everything'd be sorted, done and dusted...i'd be the happiest man in the world if i get an offer from lse :tongue:
Reply 54
HamaL
dont u just wish u'd have an offer from lse ....everything'd be sorted, done and dusted...i'd be the happiest man in the world if i get an offer from lse :tongue:

Hell yeah! I'd have my choices sorted then i think! Its worse now that LSE have started giving people offers! Claire got her offer, which she told me about straight away, and i found out that another person from my skool got an offer for Law on Tuesday! Why can't they give us an offer, even if it is a rejection now, i just want something! What course have you applied to at LSE?

xxxx
Oh crap, I have applied to do Mathematics and Economics at LSE and I'm only predicted A in Psychology and Bs in Maths and Chemistry. I think my personal statement is ok since I had plenty to write about. I have also been to LSE loads of times for various reasons but that is unlikely to increase my chances of getting in anyways.

If I don't get in, then it's ok since it's the only course out of the 6 which doesn't include a language. All my other 5 choices include Italian in it.
Reply 56
gemma1811
Hell yeah! I'd have my choices sorted then i think! Its worse now that LSE have started giving people offers! Claire got her offer, which she told me about straight away, and i found out that another person from my skool got an offer for Law on Tuesday! Why can't they give us an offer, even if it is a rejection now, i just want something! What course have you applied to at LSE?

xxxx

I got offered ABB ex General Studies for History (V146) and am very suprised because I never expected to get an offer when it's 15:1 for a place-i thought that was a sure fire rejection for me!
Reply 57
claire1985
I got offered ABB ex General Studies for History (V146) and am very suprised because I never expected to get an offer when it's 15:1 for a place-i thought that was a sure fire rejection for me!

woo~~~~~~~~~~~. :smile: Which course did u apply?
Reply 58
shedow
woo~~~~~~~~~~~. :smile: Which course did u apply?

I'm guessing history as it said so in the post...
Reply 59
Linda
I'm guessing history as it said so in the post...

Well done Linda! Yes Claire did get accepted to the History V146 course, as it says in the post! At least you can read!

xxxx

Latest

Trending

Trending