The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

Reading list?

I'm starting Software engineering at Southampton next week, but I've not recieved any sort of reading list... you know, books to get for the course and such. Am I alone here? Or should I not be worried... because I'm sure I read somewhere I will require books...

Also, afaik my accomodation is sorted (connaught halls), but I do not yet know my room number... normal?

Other than that, really, really looking forward to freshers week and the years to come :biggrin:

Thanks

PS- long time lurker, first time poster... so I've probably managed to break every rule in this post alone :biggrin:
Reply 1
TFF

Also, afaik my accomodation is sorted (connaught halls), but I do not yet know my room number... normal?

Yes. Room numbers are given on arrival, as far as I am aware.
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
Reply 2
Yeah i haven't recived a reading list ( biochemistry) so i don't know we must get them on induction or something! Also i'm in connaught too and i think you get your key and room number when you arive.
Reply 3
TFF
OP
Phew, that's a relief. I just hope I don't get there and find my accomodation consists of a park bench.
Yeah, I'm going to do Physics and as far as I'm aware the only "reading list" consists of a single textbook I'm issued at the course start. I'm in Glen Eyre halls...I hope.
TFF
Phew, that's a relief. I just hope I don't get there and find my accomodation consists of a park bench.

That would be one helluva expensive park bench. Atleast according to what they told me it would cost.
TFF
I'm starting Software engineering at Southampton next week, but I've not recieved any sort of reading list... you know, books to get for the course and such. Am I alone here? Or should I not be worried... because I'm sure I read somewhere I will require books...

You're a SoftEng - you get a book list when you arrive, and you go to the campus bookshop with it. They give you a heap of books new, free - yours to keep forever. Then you go to the library and get the rest out on a year-long loan. Shame they only do that in 1st year...

Latest

Trending

Trending