Scroll to see replies

maniacsandwichbar
I know, as it said in big letters using ONLY the data in Fig 2.1

****, what was this for?
skatealexia
So, whats the grade boundary gonna be?

low! hopefully, probably between 42-46 for an A

although im just guessing completely
fore the resp. equation. I said that there are many stages in resp. And also, water is explicitly made in respiration. Is this correct? :s-smilie::
BHAM!
Is urine instead of urea okay for something that is excreted? =S

This is what I put, technically it is urine being excreted, urea is just a main component of it (but not the only one)
this paper was worse than june in terms of wishy washiness, total and utter crap half the time, why the hell is it always like that, its got something to do with the fact that we are the first ones to do it, they had the whole spec to ask us about, someone needs to examine this examiners pronto
I hope so :s-smilie:
Reply 2606
Theres too many different answers for this paper. What people wrote varies alot. With most exams everyone tends to give the same answers but with this one there so much! And none of them sound wrong either really lol
Reply 2607
maniacsandwichbar
That's why the colour of the indicator becomes orange-yellow, as more respiration is taking place so more CO2 is produced which dissolves in solution to form carbonic acid which is acidic.

CO2 dissolves in water to form an acidic solution, not hydrogen carbonate.
Kulpio
I agree :smile:! Sick of pompous know-it-alls :rolleyes:

I know! Grrrr!!! I'm hoping to scrape a B in Biology :smile:
InvoluntarySlacker
Don't get ahead of yourself there. I don't see any other guys declaring their love for you in marriage. Now, where shall we consummate?

LOOOOL omg!

In a bed full of money equating to 1 million pounds? :wink:
Reply 2610
Summerdays
fore the resp. equation. I said that there are many stages in resp. And also, water is explicitly made in respiration. Is this correct? :s-smilie::

I put that more than one glucose molecule is being respired so the stuff in the equation is happening on a much larger scale :s-smilie: ie. a greater number of times at the same time :s-smilie:
Reply 2611
george54

Hmm 6kills with a predator o_O I need to get 5kills with 2 to get that emblem ug
Reply 2612
george54

Actually, that's what I was suspicious of. The equation is H20 + CO2 = Carbonic Acid, so where did the water come from if the indicator was in Hydrogen Carbonate?
george54

It dissolves in solution, not just water.
maniacsandwichbar
That's why the colour of the indicator becomes orange-yellow, as more respiration is taking place so more CO2 is produced which dissolves in solution to form carbonic acid which is acidic.

That makes a lot of sense. I though along the same lines but wasnt it one where the band was red and the ph solution was red? How does that work? Plus its water it dissolves in not Hydrogen carbonate. But i guess if its a solution it has water.

If it was 3 marks I reckon 1 mark for be to realise that it reflects green.
Remarqable M
ok the question where it asks you why the color of ph is yellow
i wrote the disc were photosynthesising, which means non-cyclic phosphorylation took place which produces hydrogen ions
which raised the ph to yellow.

In all the mark schemes i've seen you need to say photophosphorylation... You probably still got the 3(?) marks for explaining it though.
Remarqable M
i wrote that that it is clear in the table that myelinated produce faster speed of conduction. For example, when the diameter is increased from 4micrometer to 10micrometer the speed of conduction increases by 5m/s

for the next question i said the diameter of a neurone has no effect on the speed of conduction. For example for the non-meyinated neurone with 1000micrometer diamter the speed of conduction was just ....can't remember but i said something like that

i wrote that that it is clear in the table that myelinated produce faster speed of conduction. For example, when the diameter is increased from 4micrometer to 10micrometer the speed of conduction increases by 5m/s i wrote the same..
woozeybear
I put hormones :biggrin: - no idea if it was right, first thing that came into my head tbh..

I put insulin...but i guess thats a hormone :biggrin:
Reply 2618
Oh **** everyone is doing medicine here, i want to do geology and my geography exam is tomorrow yet ive wasted 2 hours talking here damnit xD
Reply 2619
Summerdays
Correct. But I didn't put that because I read the colour wrong :o:

as far as I remember, in green light, indicator soultion was yellow-orange, so there was no pH change

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending