The Student Room Group

OFFICIAL OCR A2 Biology - F214 Thread

Scroll to see replies

mohamed aden
Guys can someone just quickly outline
*photosynthometer
*Respirometer (do we need to know this >?)

photosynthometer yes
but u dont need to know about the respirometer as its not in the specification but its good to know the basics behind it
ACDC
does anyone else have the problem where you revise one topic, than revise another topic, but than forget everything you revised in the previous topic?

:yep:
ACDC
does anyone else have the problem where you revise one topic, than revise another topic, but than forget everything you revised in the previous topic?

erm..right at this moment in time. im feeling exactly that. i suggest we should get some sleep :frown:
neillya1
:yep:

niel i love the way your soo confient!! GOOD FOR U MAN!:smile: !!! im ******** my pants :confused:
Guys everyone lets just sleep and wake up tomorrow morning at 6am when our brain is fresh and full of energy ok
anyone? lets sleep right NOW? or else your not gonna sleep well tonight if you keep revising non-stop and soon you'll forget everything.
Reply 1785
Tariq786
erm..right at this moment in time. im feeling exactly that. i suggest we should get some sleep :frown:

this evening ive been revising everything on communication, hormones, nerves and excretion, but now i dont have the foggiest clue about anything on photosynthesis and respiration :s-smilie:
InvoluntarySlacker
I edited in some places to make it correct.

Pregnant women only produce the hormone Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HGC), which is present in their urine.
In a pregnancy kit, the pregnancy stick contains an application area which contains Monoclonal antibodies for HGCs attached to a gold atom.
When urine is applied to that area, any HGCs present will bind to the antibody, forming a HGC-Antibody-Gold complex. The urine moves this complex to the test strip. The test strip contains antibodies which are specific to the HGC-antibody-gold complex, which are mmobilised. The HCG-antibody-gold complexes bind to the immobilised antibodies. As more and more gold atoms accumulate here, a pink line forms indicating pregnancy.

The control strip is below the test region. In the control strip, there are immobilised antibodies that are specific to the antibody-gold complexes. If there is no HCG present in the urine, the anti-body gold complexes bind to the antibodies in the control region and as they accumulate, the pink line forms. They do not bind to the test region's antibodies since there is no HCG binded. Also, the control line even appears if the there are HCG-antibody-complexes as not all antibody-gold complexes bind to HCG.

Hope this helps.

Thank You. Repped.
Reply 1787
Guys I just found out from this thread that it's a 1 hour paper :eek:
Can't believe I didn't know this before!!!
Good luck everyone for tomorrow :smile:
Remarqable M
Guys everyone just sleep and wake up tomorrow morning at 6am when our brain is fresh and full of energy ok
anyone? lets sleep right NOW?

AMEN TO THHATT OKK FINALLL

THATS IT NO MOREE WORK...time for HORLICKS AND SLEEP :smile:
Remarqable M
Guys everyone just sleep and wake up tomorrow morning at 6am when our brain is fresh and full of energy ok
anyone? lets sleep right NOW? or else your not gonna sleep well tonight if you keep revising non-stop and soon you'll forget everything.

Yep, i am just chillin for awhile.
Tariq786
niel i love the way your soo confient!! GOOD FOR U MAN!:smile: !!! im ******** my pants :confused:

I think you've picked me up wrong :p:
I'm crapping my pants over this exam, I feel like there's WAY too much to learn :frown:
Reply 1791
Tariq786
im ******** my pants :confused:

me too! i can smell a re-take :s-smilie:
LEts sleep 11:30pm on the CLOCK!

count down: 4min remaining

once i log off everyone log off ok and get a good night sleep:smile: and set your alarm for 6am.
guys can anyone on here shine some light on the photosynthometer ? seriously im not too confident
Reply 1794
Yeah come on people, relax and go to sleep...wake up early and revise ur heads off :smile: we got all morning to prepare :smile: :smile:
Remarqable M
LEts sleep 11:30pm on the CLOCK!

count down: 5min remaining

once i logg everyone log off ok and get a good night sleed:smile: and set your alarm for 6am.

yp
ibysaiyan
yp

Photosynthometer before 11;30 anyone ?... il give a rep+ out:yep:
Otherwise, your brain is just gonna blow up! tomorrow morning we'll have hours to revise! and you be fully pumped and we are gonna ask post questions on here!
2min remaining people! get ready
Can anyone please shine some light on the Photorespirometer ? please ! lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending