The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

i had no letters at all, not even for the whole subjects!!
Reply 61
Soapysudds1

What exam board are you following? I know that all exam boards provide a letter for the qualification overall (i.e. AS or A-level). That is strange. It''s quite easy to find what grade you got by looking at the chart behind the sheet though.
AQA and OCR. its easy enough to work out just a pain when you just want to be able to see 4 little letters infront of you!
Reply 63
Soapysudds1
AQA and OCR. its easy enough to work out just a pain when you just want to be able to see 4 little letters infront of you!

I see. They have a chart at the back of their results slip. Yeah, I agree they should have a letter next to the UMS. I want to make that suggestion, going to call the exam board now (j/k). :p:
Soapysudds1

Same here :frown:
shyopstv
I will probably do it in the same style as my GCSE results - walk in, take envelope, refuse to open it for about 30 seconds before realising that I do actually want to know my results then open it.

Lol, same here. Only difference is that I dart away from everyone, run away to the darkest corner I can find, wait some more, finally open it there and then walk off. If they are good I'll see my teachers and friends, if not, I'll hide.
I refused to open my results in the presence of anyone last year after AS to avoid embarrassment. I knew I'd be emotional if I got good grades because I'd put so much effort in for weeks on end, when I eventually found out I'd got an A in History I burst into tears.

This year I could possibly end up crying due to failure! So, another quiet corner for me. Then if I don't get the grades I'll be attached to my phone for the rest of the day. But, if I do get the grades I'll spend the day out with my parents, go to a restaurant and then go out to partay with friends.
I always intend to run off and refuse to open them til I'm alone - but like my annual promises that I "won't tell anyone what I got" this never actually happens - as soon as I get my hands on it I just can't stop myself :redface: For the GCSEs my parents came in with me on the train, and I met most of my friends there - I opened mine with my cleverest friend who got 8A*s and 3As but I was just genuinely happy for her and so relieved to have passed everything I wasn't jealous, lol! Then for the January results we all opened them together.

It's horrible though, cos if you badly it must just be a nightmare, and if you do better than your friends some get really upset and you don't know what to say.

I can't believe we have to wait 2 months :frown:
Reply 68
Our results come out at 9am and are stuck to a window, but letter-opening results don't come out until around 10ish, so I'll be feeling extremely sick, trying to follow the straight line from my name to the grade on the different exam board sheets. Will probably be a mess either way! Hehe!
Reply 69
I don't want my results. Well disappointed with the exams, and I worked so hard for them. Am predicted to get 3A's, but seriously I think the highest i'll get is ABC, I so want AAB though, because Germsn is a difficult subject, so I think a B would be good for me. Really scared about results already, two years of hard work pretty much messed up by rubbishy exam papers, the past papers were well better, I got 87% on most of the Business studies past papers, but I made so many errors today, pluss I left 3 marks unanswered. I'll probably leave collecting results as late as possible, it was 2:30pm last year, because I was so nervous, but this year I know they won't be as good as I hoped for.
Reply 70
I picked up my AS level results sober, my january A2 modules pissed and I plan to pick up my final A Level results : pissed, stoned and on pills.
JoeFen
I picked up my AS level results sober, my january A2 modules pissed and I plan to pick up my final A Level results : pissed, stoned and on pills.

I like your style! I'm probably gonna be pissed, it's gonna be a mad weekend...but I'm just worried I might have to call uni for whatever reason, and I'd like to make sense.
Reply 72
Picking up my january resits was awful, my mate had to explain the ums marks to me.
i hate it that the teachers at my school already know what you have got. and they can hear u talking with ur mates sniggering at the fact that u have failed and dont no it yet. some of my teachers take great enjoyment in this. I SHOULD be the first person to see my results not my teachers lol
Reply 74
I remember picking up my gcse results and my re teacher giving me a disapproving look because she knew my grade. I'd been predicted an A or B and got a C but when I opened up it, I laughed and she gave me the dirtiest look ever. So I said, 'damn, I knew I should have brought my felt tips to that re exam'

Growing up in catholic education is a joke.
lmao. the gcse re exam was a joke. u only have to learn a few quotes and bobs ur uncle
Reply 76
You had a catholic schooling too? I resent it so much, it was a catalyst for rejection of religion in my life.
I've got the joy of opening my early AS results on the 18th and then the rest of my GCSEs on the 25th... great. I will probably just grab the envelope, step to the side and tear it open fumbling through the sheets in sheer panic trying to find the results summary sheet
Reply 78
If I was admin I would burn everyone's signature on here. It's so ****in pretentious.

GCSE: 47 A*
AS: 8 A's
A2 courses studying: Everything, I'm well intelligent me
Uni of choice: Oxford or Cambridge (I don't know yet, I'm going to draw lots)
JoeFen
You had a catholic schooling too? I resent it so much, it was a catalyst for rejection of religion in my life.

na we have to do religious education by law apparently. it was the biggest load of cack ever. gd idea to share views of different religions but to force it on people is ridiculous and to try and make it in to an academic subject - well thats just comical

Latest