The Student Room Group

Alevel results day help!!!!!

Hello,

Hope you’re well!

I am relying on collecting my results online because I’ll be abroad. Would you recommend I come back to the UK to collect them in person?
My school has had a history of crashes on the online portal so I’m nervous if that could have a huge affect on whether I get a place at uni or not.

If you think it’s not necessary to collect them in person, do you think calling UK numbers (landline) from abroad will run smoothly? Has anyone faced any issues with this before because I’ve been told the keypad options don’t work….e.g press 1 to speak to an advisor.

Also, If I were to register for international roaming/calling with my UK network provider - will my +44 number still work?

I’d really appreciate if anyone could help and/or share their experiences of results day abroad !! Sorry for the long winded questions.

Thank you
TBH with you mate i only went to 1 results day (and I’ve had a few) when I didn’t go they posted my results to me I also went to my graduation (two of them) but that was a bit different. You can always look on track to see if you’ve got in to uni once it opens.
@Inter_stellar

It might be an idea to let your school know that you will be away when your results come out. They might be able to send you an email with your results so that you don't have to worry about the portal crashing.

There's no reason why you should have problems dialling from abroad. It might be worthwhile to find out how much it might cost you to call the UK from your holiday destination, before you travel.

+44 is the country code for the UK. It just means if someone was to call you from abroad they would need to use +44 before entering your phone number. Likewise, if you call a British number from abroad, you would have to use +44

Hope that helps,

Oluwatosin 2nd year student University of Huddersfield
Original post by Inter_stellar
Hello,

Hope you’re well!

I am relying on collecting my results online because I’ll be abroad. Would you recommend I come back to the UK to collect them in person?
My school has had a history of crashes on the online portal so I’m nervous if that could have a huge affect on whether I get a place at uni or not.

If you think it’s not necessary to collect them in person, do you think calling UK numbers (landline) from abroad will run smoothly? Has anyone faced any issues with this before because I’ve been told the keypad options don’t work….e.g press 1 to speak to an advisor.

Also, If I were to register for international roaming/calling with my UK network provider - will my +44 number still work?

I’d really appreciate if anyone could help and/or share their experiences of results day abroad !! Sorry for the long winded questions.

Thank you

Unis receive your results around a week before results day so your school portal won't affect the process. You will be able to see if your place is confirmed (or not) by logging into UCAS in the morning.

Can you ask your school to email your results if you can't collect in person?

However, if you think there is a chance you could end up in clearing, then you will need to phone unis you are interested in quite quickly so a reliable internet and phone connection will be essential.
If your school online results system is prone to crashing then speak to your school about nominating someone to collect your results in person as a backup plan.

Although UCAS will usually update there is normally around 1/8 applicants who don’t have an update on results day morning. If you’re one of those or you’re in clearing then you need to know your results
Reply 5
Original post by Inter_stellar
Hello,

Hope you’re well!

Thank you

I would plan to be in the UK in case you end up in clearing. There's no point in ringing a uni that's rejected you ...

If someone else is going to get your results you need to let your school know and they'll need ID.
(edited 11 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending