The Student Room Group

Central School of Speech and Drama auditions!!!!!

:woo: Hey, so I have an audition next week and I was wondering if any students/applicants have any advice?:top:

Scroll to see replies

see my sig link :smile:
Reply 2
kreolgirl
:woo: Hey, so I have an audition next week and I was wondering if any students/applicants have any advice?:top:

Mines very soon ! 22nd! Let me know how it goes? What are you applying for? I'm going for the Ba hons stage & screen :eek: soo panicing atm! x
Reply 3
I have one on the 5th!
I'm so scared... it's my first audition and Central's my ideal place to study!
you will all love central i promise!!! its great :smile:
Reply 5
My first one too! SCARED
What do you study at Central?
x
performance arts.
the weird one :yy:
I have central tomorrow, technically :P, I'm going to be consistent at central and hope for success.

auditioning for acting for stage & screen.
Central probably recalled 12% of people who came for the first round... It was so depressing to see people around me leave :frown:

I got recalled & finished the second round, I must wait a week to find out.
Reply 9
Congrats!!!
How many poeple at the audition would you say were really strong actors??
x
Reply 10
I got mine for the 8th. I am so nervous! It's my frst audition so i don' really know what to expect! x

Anyone who applying to drama school should read this, if they think it will be 'easy' it's nice they admit competition for drama school is harder than oxbridge, easily - coincidently Christian Burgess at Guildhall, the head of acting in that article - auditioned me.. coolest guy ever!

Chulabomb
Congrats!!!
How many poeple at the audition would you say were really strong actors??
x

There was 14 in my group, 5 were recalled ... 3 for Stage and Screen, 1 For Musical stage & 1 for Devised Theatre.. so we had a high recall rate!

There was one girl who i thought was great, she made the panels laugh their ass off - but they did not recall her, I was dissapointed with my judgment as i would have recalled her sitting in that seat & there was one girl who i thought was decent, but they gave her recall - they really are judging many things.

What was interesting though....was the amount of young people who got recalls for acting stage and screen, I was 21 & the second oldest.

Central is the the most stressful first round audition that I've had - more stressful than guildhall & they audition something like 4500-5000 people for a total of 48+ spaces in three strands, everything is possible - good luck.
Reply 13
What are you auditioning for? Stage & Screen?
x
yep.
Reply 15
Hi :biggrin:

I have my audition for Central next Friday! I'm rather nervous :frown:

Either way it is great experience though.

xx
good luck!!
Reply 17
Sasha_xx
Hi :biggrin:

I have my audition for Central next Friday! I'm rather nervous :frown:

Either way it is great experience though.

xx

ME TOO! i am really nervous! I'm not sure what to expect but i will give it my best shot! xx
Reply 18
Oh, gosh, just got an interview for February 17th! Is anyone else doing a late audition?

How did everyone's go?! Have most of you had them by now?

Oh, and also, is no one else doing Applied Drama and Education? This interview was such a surprise, so now I'm extremely panicked. :confused: :woo:
Reply 19
Ahh I just got an interview on February 9th! I'm applying for Costume Construction though, does anyone know what the interview process is like? I'm absolutely terrified, I've been reading up on the audition process.. Hopefully it won't be the same for me!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending