The Student Room Group

GCSE grades in uni

I’m currently studying for my GCSES and have the goal of going to college and studying production arts technical theatre, if all goes well I aim to go to a uni like the central school of speech and drama, what sorts of gcse grades would they look at, would a 5 be ok in maths for instance
Original post by Chini
I’m currently studying for my GCSES and have the goal of going to college and studying production arts technical theatre, if all goes well I aim to go to a uni like the central school of speech and drama, what sorts of gcse grades would they look at, would a 5 be ok in maths for instance

I don't think they'll look too hard at your GCSEs as long as you have passed English, Maths and drama if you are doing it. They would prefer if you passed everything but it isn't the be all and end all if you haven't. A-levels, personal statement, interviews and auditions are much more important.
Central admit on the basis of audition/portfolio/personal statement/interview & UCAS points from A levels or Btec. They are not concerned with GCSE's although they may specify passes in maths and English.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending