The Student Room Group

BSA - Bristol School of Acting

Hi, I'm applying for drama schools this year and am interested in speaking to any BSA students.
I like the look of their 3 year course, and it would be great to talk to any students doing Stage and Screen (2 or 3 year) because that's the course I would apply for.
Reply 1
Original post by lane_in_pain
Hi, I'm applying for drama schools this year and am interested in speaking to any BSA students.
I like the look of their 3 year course, and it would be great to talk to any students doing Stage and Screen (2 or 3 year) because that's the course I would apply for.

Did you ever apply to BSA? Intrigued to how they are progressing as a "new" drama school.
Reply 2
Original post by TheWord
Did you ever apply to BSA? Intrigued to how they are progressing as a "new" drama school.

Hi! I did. I ended up receiving an offer for their BA Screen course, but decided not to take it as I would ideally like a course that focuses on stage too. Am reapplying for BA courses this year, but not for BSA as I didn’t love the feeling of being in the building and auditioning. The movement part wasn’t very challenging and the building felt quite small. Stage and Screen BA is in tobacco factory but unfortunately I never got to visit that. One of the ladies taking my audition was an ex BOVTS teacher who'd tought there for a while I gather, and I have a lot of friends who are keen on BSA because of the proximity and the fact that they seem to share teachers.
I hope my experience helps a little, but obvs things like my "feeling" are not tangible 🤣
Reply 3
Original post by lane_in_pain
Hi! I did. I ended up receiving an offer for their BA Screen course, but decided not to take it as I would ideally like a course that focuses on stage too. Am reapplying for BA courses this year, but not for BSA as I didn’t love the feeling of being in the building and auditioning. The movement part wasn’t very challenging and the building felt quite small. Stage and Screen BA is in tobacco factory but unfortunately I never got to visit that. One of the ladies taking my audition was an ex BOVTS teacher who'd tought there for a while I gather, and I have a lot of friends who are keen on BSA because of the proximity and the fact that they seem to share teachers.
I hope my experience helps a little, but obvs things like my "feeling" are not tangible 🤣

Thank you, that's very helpful. My daughter is going to audition there but the only person we know who had gone through the process had similar reservations to you. Having said that, it must be hard setting up a new drama school from scratch. Good luck this year!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending