The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Dear OP,

-Do Biology and Chemistry at AS and any other subjects you like.

-Do as much work experience as you can, you're what, fifteen? You might not even want to be a doctor by the time you're 18, work experience will help you discover if you're cut out for it.

-Revise for your exams, mocks don't mean much, I got D's and E's throughout the beginning of AS Biology and ended up getting A's in both exams.

Good luck
Reply 61
T-Reks
My grades are perfect thank you.

Don't kid yourself, there will be many people with better grades than you, believe me.

Take Biology and Chemistry, that is all that is important. In regards to your other choices, from experience English Literature is a breeze if you like reading and are intelligent but Psychology is much more of a revision slog.

Please don't assume that just having great grades is good enough for somewhere like Oxbridge. Everyone has great grades, you have to be properly special to walk into a place like that.

I would disregard doing so anyway as the only thing you gain is prestige, what determines how good a doctor you become is how hard you study. A medical degree is a medical degree, whether it's from Oxford or Leamington Spa.
Reply 62
T-Reks
Wow, you dont hod back do you?, basically my grades may not be all that, but im proud of them anyway, since attending a school full of wannabe gangsters in tower hamlets, who waste over 20 minutes of the lesson, and make my school life a misery. I'v changed my mind about pyschology, im taking maths instead-what a bore!

Don't get me wrong, your grades are good, and you should be proud of them, but don't expect good grades to be enough. Really good grades are a standard across medical applicants.

I went to a school much like the one you've described, and you've done well to achieve highly. College will be a different experience, speaking from experience, A-Level maths is much more interesting and challenging than what you get at GCSE.

Make sure you work hard and get some experience before you apply for medicine.
nah Tareks GRADES are GOOOD....and keep up the good work tarek lol...!
My grades are perfect thank you.

No, they are not perfect. All A*s and full marks= perfect.

If your in Tower Hamlets, does your school do SAMDA?
T-Reks
LOL, miss attitude i think ur in love wiv me, thnx anyway!

hmmm MAYBE or MAYBE NOT lol....:wink:
haha...LOL
lolzzz
T-Reks
TELL ME!!!...actually u dnt i no the answer! haha lol

lolz what is the answer then...i wish to know aswelll....?
haha....?
T-Reks
Dont know about you, but i hav not met anyone with ALL A* WITH 100% scores.

Neither do I, but that's perfect. The point I'm making is that it is dead cocky to be saying your grades are perfect, when in reality...you couldn't apply to Birmingham even with those GCSEs.
T-Reks
Yesssssssssssssssssssss....of course

LOLZ....:biggrin: ....:wink: .....YUP..!
Reply 70
Oh God! Carry on! Everyone fails their mocks and does well in the actual exams :rolleyes:
T-Reks
Serious?....fine my grades are just average then...need to try harder. thanks for the advice.

ps. what did you get for GCSES, A-Levels and in what subjects, and what are your opninions of your course so far?

My info is in the Medics and Applicant's sticky at the top of the page.
Reply 72
T-Reks
Cant find it, much easier if you jus wrote it on the reply...

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=865511

and here's dig's details: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showpost.php?p=19086317&postcount=162
T-Reks
Cant find it, much easier if you jus wrote it on the reply...

Easier for you maybe...easier for me if you just DIY.
T-Reks
LOL, sum1 jus gave me them....very good results!....

Cheers matey, what school are you at?

Latest

Trending

Trending