The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Kings cross has some platforms open
Hey, the Oyster card is still worth it...

I do love mine.
TomInPortsmouth
I've just heard on the radio that some London hotels have put prices up from £70 a night to £200 odd! They should be ashamed.

they should at least lower the price or let the people who need to stay there, stay for free. its terrible
Saree
That's terrible, people who can't get home today need a place to stay....capitalism! What happpened to helping those who need it most...altruism? No, in this day and age it's all about making money. Disgraceful.

Perhaps the London universities should open up halls of residence to people who can't get home tonight?
the_sand_man
tony blair is speaking now

Same old rhetoric. Not worth listening too.
TomInPortsmouth
Perhaps the London universities should open up halls of residence to people who can't get home tonight?

They're most likely already full up with conference guests
Reply 1326
TomInPortsmouth

Yeah, they should. But aren't all halls of residence used as hotels for tourists? :confused:
TomInPortsmouth

They have. Email I got in my inbox:

Email from KCL principal
We have received a number of enquiries about the possibility of
overnight accommodation; a provision has been made in the College
halls of residence for KCL staff and students who cannot travel home
this evening. There is limited availability and bookings will be
taken on a first come first served basis, on production of a valid
KCL ID card. The Residence staff have been working hard to get a
number of rooms ready but in some cases the rooms may not be fully
serviced and your patience is requested in these matters.
Reply 1328
TomInPortsmouth

that is a very good idea, agree with you completely, however how would people know to go to a university to stay then night?

kriztinae i completely agree, they should make it free for some involved! :mad: :hmpf:
kingslaw
Same old rhetoric. Not worth listening too.

i dont understand why leaders bother making speaches, people know what they are gonna say. its the same old stuff everytime.
Reply 1330
Flukey
i would assume Kings X would be back up and running tomorrow morning, other wise it will be chaos again, they usually try to get everything up and running as sooon as possible. :smile:

gd gd

cheers Flukey + frost
Reply 1331
kingslaw
They have. Email I got in my inbox:

well that is very friendly of the uni :smile: :smile: :smile:
kriztinae
i dont understand why leaders bother making speaches, people know what they are gonna say. its the same old stuff everytime.

I'd rather he made a speech than not! Even if it's contents could be predicted!
Reply 1333
kriztinae

i would rather here a speech from my prime minister then no speech at all, its a moral factor for the public to hear they're leader speak.
Saree
That's terrible, people who can't get home today need a place to stay....capitalism! What happpened to helping those who need it most...altruism? No, in this day and age it's all about making money. Disgraceful.

It'd be difficult to identify who needs it most.
Mainline is up and running, but i cant see how if the tube was shut down all day today that the whole system can be back together by tomorrow...i think its the scale of this thing that has shocked everyone. They must have planned it and co-ordinated it for so long...grrr!

But we cannot let them win, and life must go on! Defo use the Tube, dont let them beat us!!
kriztinae

Deepest condolancies...blah blah...mustn't give in...blah blah...protect values inherent to our nation...blah blah...can't say too much for security reasons...blah blah...

Its even more cringe-worthy when you know if they'd handled issues in the middle-east with less horrendous mistakes that such bombings may never have happened.
kriztinae

people would be quite concerned if Tony Blair was nowhere to be seen. They'd probably assume there was alot of things happening that they didn't know about.
TomInPortsmouth

Flukey
i would rather here a speech from my prime minister then no speech at all, its a motivation factor for the public to hear they're leader speak.

fair enough
TomInPortsmouth

Yes, but he's made three, and all have been the same tired old rhetoric.

I wouldnt mind putting up with the same old crap now if, sooner or later, he would actually be forced to be accountable for some of the causes behind the blasts.

But of course, we all know he'll be whitewashed, as usual.

Latest

Trending

Trending