The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Eternal Idol
Columbia? Where the fuck is that?
I will take your advice anyway, if you never see me again you will now why ... hehe

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Are you serious, you don't know where columbia is?

It's in South America, it's a very nice place :smile: If you can avoid the mafia there.
Reply 21
G4ry
Are you serious, you don't know where columbia is?

It's in South America, it's a very nice place :smile: If you can avoid the mafia there.

Oh, Colombia, of course I know where it is.
I was born in Argentina :smile:

:biggrin:
Reply 22
Eternal Idol
Oh, Colombia, of course I know where it is.
I was born in Argentina :smile:

I could sense the sarcasm

What prgoramming do you do? I know you said C++ but what exactly? games, software?
Reply 23
G4ry
I could sense the sarcasm

What prgoramming do you do? I know you said C++ but what exactly? games, software?

At work I programm software; I have done a multiplatform Fax Sender (Linux & Windows), routines of haltoning for printers, a bmp to TIFF multipage converter, a PCL Bitmapped SoftFont creator and now I'm developing a PCL TrueType SofFont creator.

At home I program mainly software too, nowadays I'm focused on assembly but I have a project with a friend of mine who's a really good gfx disegner about a couple of games.

Do you wanna see some images? hehe

What do you do?
Reply 24
Eternal Idol
At work I programm software; I have done a multiplatform Fax Sender (Linux & Windows), routines of haltoning for printers, a bmp to TIFF multipage converter, a PCL Bitmapped SoftFont creator and now I'm developing a PCL TrueType SofFont creator.

At home I program mainly software too, nowadays I'm focused on assembly but I have a project with a friend of mine who's a really good gfx disegner about a couple of games.

Do you wanna see some images? hehe

What do you do?

I am but a mere techie compared to you :biggrin:

i try and help people with stupid computer problems and pretend i know what i'm doing :biggrin:
Reply 25
G4ry
I am but a mere techie compared to you :biggrin:

i try and help people with stupid computer problems and pretend i know what i'm doing :biggrin:

Hey, don't be so hard with yourself, I've started playing silly games in the computer and now six year later I can call myself a professional programmer, they even pay me for doing it.
Reply 26
Eternal Idol
Hey, don't be so hard with yourself, I've started playing silly games in the computer and now six year later I can call myself a professional programmer, they even pay me for doing it.

I was joking, i'm only doing it for a year. But i have come across some very silly people in the amount of time i've been doing it for. I get paid to [plug mice and type in passwords for senile people because they can't remember them. So it's ok, but just a bit frustrating.
Reply 27
G4ry
I was joking, i'm only doing it for a year. But i have come across some very silly people in the amount of time i've been doing it for. I get paid to [plug mice and type in passwords for senile people because they can't remember them. So it's ok, but just a bit frustrating.

Anyway it's not a bad job at all.
Do you program?
i write songs. not very good songs, mind you, but i didn't get booed offstage last time i did a pub gig, which was a good sign...then again most of the people in the audience were my friends... :rolleyes:
Reply 29
Eternal Idol
Anyway it's not a bad job at all.
Do you program?

No, the nearest i get to programming is writing a macro in Visual basic.
Reply 30
G4ry
No, the nearest i get to programming is writing a macro in Visual basic.

Well, I've started with Visual Basic and mIRC Scripting, so whatever the 'genius' you can learn from VB.

:biggrin: :biggrin: :smile:

I'm a living proof!!
haha
Reply 31
Eternal Idol
Well, I've started with Visual Basic and mIRC Scripting, so whatever the 'genius' you can learn from VB.

:biggrin: :biggrin: :smile:

I'm a living proof!!
haha

You can also write viruses in VB. I might get some people back. :biggrin:
Reply 32
G4ry
You can also write viruses in VB. I might get some people back. :biggrin:

Sure, in VB, in C++ and in assembly (the best of the best) hehehehe

Take a look at this images, my partner did them.

This is the splash screen for a text editor that I'm writing in assembly:

This are some backgrounds for the game that we want to do (we should change the name of X-Static world of Football):

What do you think???
Reply 33
Eternal Idol
Sure, in VB, in C++ and in assembly (the best of the best) hehehehe

Take a look at this images, my partner did them.

This is the splash screen for a text editor that I'm writing in assembly:

This are some backgrounds for the game that we want to do (we should change the name of X-Static world of Football):

What do you think???

It looks good, how do you make those images?

I better be off, it's home time :smile:
Reply 34
G4ry
It looks good, how do you make those images?

I better be off, it's home time :smile:

I've no idea, my partner is the one who makes the images, I just do the coding :biggrin:

See you man,
have a nice day
Reply 35
Eternal Idol
I've no idea, my partner is the one who makes the images, I just do the coding :biggrin:

See you man,
have a nice day

I'm home now. Going to watch some TV; so i'll be inactive for the next hour or so.
Reply 36
G4ry
I'm home now. Going to watch some TV; so i'll be inactive for the next hour or so.

It's allright man, I'm going home in 30 minutes, and maybe I'll connect for an hour or so. I'm waiting the phone company to install ADSL at my home, they said that they will come the next week ... but here in Spain ... they could come the next year hahaha

:smile: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Reply 37
serendipity
i write songs. not very good songs, mind you, but i didn't get booed offstage last time i did a pub gig, which was a good sign...then again most of the people in the audience were my friends... :rolleyes:

Thankyou! A serious reply at last... Which pubs do you perform at? I've only found the Spice of Life in Soho which has a piano.
Nick

Latest

Trending

Trending