The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Talk loads about stuff you do outside of school eg sport, music interests etc, show you have some balance in your life.
Just thing like Extra curricular, to show you aren't all about working hard. Even if it's clubs/ECs you think you'll want to join etc
For a question like "what can you bring to our school?" I think its okay to be arrogant, it's basically asking you to show off about yourself. Talk enthusiastically about what you do, all the normal interview stuff, eye contact, smile, sit straight, dress smart ext.. should be fine. Best of Luck.
Reply 4
Nonbeatific
Talk enthusiastically about what you do, all the normal interview stuff, eye contact, smile, sit straight, dress smart ext.. should be fine. Best of Luck.

thanks for the reply :smile: , about the 'dress smart', would you consider casual pants, shirt, jumper & shoes as OTT? thanks again :yep:
you don't really need to be worried about a sixth form interview IMO

as long as you have good grades they don't give a ****
Reply 6
loki276
you don't really need to be worried about a sixth form interview IMO

as long as you have good grades they don't give a ****

i'm not 'worried', it's just the whole 'night before' thing. if you get me :p:

and regardless of grades, noone will accept you if you don't sound enthusiastic in the interview itself, right? :yep:
awais590
Hi people, i've got an interview tomorrow at a sixth form i want to go to (obv :p: )
i was just looking for some 'pointers/tips' which could help me out a little.

e.g. 'what could you bring to our school?'

how could you answer a question like that without coming across arrogant/over confident? :s-smilie:

anything helpful would be much appreciated!

thanks! :yep:

doesnt matter. i got asked why i wanted to go; said its a good school and got a place. had gd predicted grades but thats about all it was on. others were just to clarify grades and show you around. they're pretty relaxed and just say you liked the atmosphere and w/e.
awais590
Hi people, i've got an interview tomorrow at a sixth form i want to go to (obv :p: )
i was just looking for some 'pointers/tips' which could help me out a little.

e.g. 'what could you bring to our school?'

how could you answer a question like that without coming across arrogant/over confident? :s-smilie:

anything helpful would be much appreciated!

thanks! :yep:

Try and show what you've given to your current school already (if you have) and then say you want to do much more. Maybe relate it to something you want to study at A level or Degree level? For example if you want to be a journalist you could say you'd like to help out with the school newspaper (or start one if they don't one) etc.

Oh and charity events are always a big hit :biggrin:
awais590
thanks for the reply :smile: , about the 'dress smart', would you consider casual pants, shirt, jumper & shoes as OTT? thanks again :yep:

That sound's fine, I just wore smart trousers, shirt, shoes and it went fine. They are not going to care to much about what your wearing, as long as you look smart/neat, and show that you are serious and put in the effort it should be fine.
awais590
i'm not 'worried', it's just the whole 'night before' thing. if you get me :p:

and regardless of grades, noone will accept you if you don't sound enthusiastic in the interview itself, right? :yep:

they will trust me I got in without doing **** all
I would just act like yourself and be calm. Just show them that you're confident (not overly :P) about yourself and just don't say anything stupid :] If they ask you anything you're not sure about, think about it before you speak. Apart from that, I'm sure you will be fine and will get in. :smile: I'm lucky that I've got places at 2 6th forms and neither have asked for a interview, I hate the nightbefore feeling.
Reply 12
infintywhirls
I would just act like yourself and be calm. Just show them that you're confident (not overly :P) about yourself and just don't say anything stupid :] If they ask you anything you're not sure about, think about it before you speak. Apart from that, I'm sure you will be fine and will get in. :smile: I'm lucky that I've got places at 2 6th forms and neither have asked for a interview, I hate the nightbefore feeling.

thanks for the reply :yep:

yeah, that feeling sucks. :rolleyes:

good luck in your gcse's! :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending