The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Over 9000
It varies from person to person. Just go with the flow, OP. :smile:
Reply 3
as many as you like, around 4 :smile:
Im not aiming AAAA but I do around about 2 hours outside of lessons ... more depending on frees/what I do in night
Reply 5
On a regular school day, probably about an hour or so per night; maybe more, maybe less, depending on workload and other commitments. Weekends I tend to do a few hours per day, again depending on what else is going on. Leading up to exams though, I do little but study >_<!

I don't have biology or psychology but in year 12 I was taking 4 AS subjects and 2 A2 subjects, so I hope I'm suitably qualified to answer your question :smile:.
Just homework until the exams are coming up.
Do as many as you like; you're not a failure if you don't get AAAA.
Reply 8
4 FREKIN HOURS A DAY??? for god sake that's like.. wake up, school, study at home, sleep, repeat.. for two frekin years..
Reply 9
c0nfus3d
as many as you like, around 4 :smile:

4?! A day?! After school?! Bloody hell

I got AAAB at AS level in Maths, History, Philosophy and Chemistry (I only got the B due to a fluke D in my ISA, I got 80-90% in the other modules). I did about 1-2 hours some nights, and other nights nothing at all. I paid attention in lessons, didn't piss about in my free periods, and all I had to do at home was the homework.

Don't panic about meeting targets as long as YOU are confident with YOUR ability and can perform well in tests and practice papers.
Reply 10
None, just do homework up until the exams. Got four As at AS doing that, but I'm really lazy soooo...
Reply 11
20 hours a week
Reply 12
im doing maths, chem, physics and further maths (AAAA)

i do about 1-3 hours a day on average but some days i dont do any and some it gets a bit mental. and yeh i do still manage to hav a life :P
Reply 13
During year 12, I used to do about 1 - 2 hours a day. Mind you, there were times i didn't do any studying. Depends really.
Reply 14
WTF are you people robots?

i got AAABC did no studying, only homework then crammed about a week before exams :s: but thats probs why my grades arent great :frown: i wish i had the work ethic of the average TSRian
Reply 15
While I was studying for AS, I took up english rather late in the academic year (March) so most of my day I've spent doing english essays to catch up ( around 5-6 hours, usually at night.. NOT kidding, it was beyond torture) while maybe an hour a day for my other subjects.

My friends usually do about 2-3 a night, but near tests and exams can reach up 5-6. Now that I'm done with my english, I still spend about an hour outside homework and prep.
You won't believe this, OP, but I take exactly the same subjects as you, plus Critters.

I can't really say how much I study though. I need to do more work at home. I've got loads of other stuff on as well usually.
_KilgoreTrout_
Just homework until the exams are coming up.

This. I'm such a slacker :frown:
Reply 18
5 hours after school not including having a ****
Reply 19
Princestia
When & how many hours do you study after school?(Plz post if aiming for AAAA-AS level

Would also prefer it if people taking biology,chemistry,psycholgy and maths posted preferably :smile:

On a regular school day, how many hours and when do you study/revise?

I did about 1 hour maybe a week at msot and got AAAAA in physics, bio, chem and double maths.
Not to big myself up (well, slightly), but the main thing is I used that time to learn stuff at a higher level related to my course, such as learning Immunology off of medical textbooks. Really helps for interview and on a PS.

Latest