The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Reply 1
andyj72
well as the question says, is it safe? my brothers bike was stolen in nottinghham so i was wondering whether that sort of activity exist there. thanx

What do you mean?? Crime has been on the rise for years and it is no longer the 1950's. no matter where you go (even the poshest suburbs of London) there are people more than willing to steal a bike if they think they will get away with it, if your going to leave a bike any where just make sure its attached to the biggest lock you can get!
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Reply 2
Perhaps, if u happen to have a power Bike, that might pose some degree of difficulty for those who 'nicks' 'em bikes :smile:
lol
Reply 3
lol, well im thinking cos my bike is kinda good and dont want it stolen
Reply 4
just get a big bike lock and park it where it can be well seen, you should be OK, also write down the number that is on the frame then if it is nicked it will be easier for the police to trace it back to you, that is if they can be bothered to find it.
Reply 5
Steeeeevo
just get a big bike lock and park it where it can be well seen, you should be OK, also write down the number that is on the frame then if it is nicked it will be easier for the police to trace it back to you, that is if they can be bothered to find it.

lol, ill bear that in mind

thanx
Reply 6
are you going into halls?

If you are, they al have big bike sheds that are locked, and internal racks so you can individually lock your bike.

If your not in halls, then yes, in afraid there is a big crime problem, and eventually your bike will be nicked...
Reply 7
funkymonkey
If you are, they al have big bike sheds that are locked, and internal racks so you can individually lock your bike.

Im in cayley. And have though of bringing a bike as i do a lot of biking at home. I was just wondering
- Is there any point in having a bike to get to town, or anything like that?
- Is there anywhere to bike off the roads, forests, dirt tracks or the like near by?
- Even with the sheds you mention, would it be better to get a cheapish/2nd hand bike, rather than take my 18month old £400+ bike?

Daniel
Reply 8
to get to town, its a great idea. It is a 3-4 minute ride from cayley, and there are plenty of places to lock it.

as regards off roading, there are quite a few places around th area. Its quite an easy area to go 'exploring' so you should be able to find a few of your own places!

on another note, welcomw to wolfson school, IT'LL DRIVE YOU INSANE!
Reply 9
dhutch
Im in cayley. And have though of bringing a bike as i do a lot of biking at home. I was just wondering
- Is there any point in having a bike to get to town, or anything like that?
- Is there anywhere to bike off the roads, forests, dirt tracks or the like near by?
- Even with the sheds you mention, would it be better to get a cheapish/2nd hand bike, rather than take my 18month old £400+ bike?

Daniel

Get a cheaper bike to nip to town and lectures on mate...although our bikesheds are well safe, theres still sum scallies who patrol campus with a big pair of bolt cutters!
Reply 10
Steely
Get a cheaper bike to nip to town and lectures on mate...although our bikesheds are well safe, theres still sum scallies who patrol campus with a big pair of bolt cutters!

:rolleyes: Fair enough!
- I guess i'll not bring my 'good' bike at all then, A it certainly seams overkill to bring two, and i dont want to be worryin about it geting nicked all the time, becuase that just gets boring!

Daniel

Latest

Trending

Trending