The Student Room Group

Uni choices

What are the most respected non Russel group unis because I need a safe choice
For which subject?
Reply 2
What Uni subject are you applying for?

And you do realise that RG is just a silly marketing concept don't you - that actually it has no real meaning at all?
Reply 3
Original post by totallyfine
For which subject?

Econ
Reply 4
And what are your predicted grades?
And what are your other 4 choices?
Original post by milliebleau
Econ

RG doesnt make any difference. Non RG group universities like Bath. Lancaster, Loughborough are equally as good. The big issue is that Economics is hugely competitive especially in London as loads of students especially from abroad want to be in London. Look at provincial universities they are every bit as good as those in London but dont suffer the same demand due to location.
Reply 6
Original post by McGinger
And what are your predicted grades?
And what are your other 4 choices?

Predicted A*A*AA in business maths biology and further maths respectively.

Other 4 choices are Cambridge LSE Bristol Manchester (maybe) and now I need something with lower requirements
Predicted A*A*AA in business maths biology and further maths respectively.

Other 4 choices are Cambridge LSE Bristol Manchester (maybe) and now I need something with lower requirements

Have a look at places like Cardiff, Liverpool, Lancaster, Loughborough, East Anglia to see if they accept lower grades
I would also suggest Bath, Loughbough and Lancaster. And maybe Surrey

Also Sheffield and Exeter. Also RG but likely to be lower requirements than you are headed for.
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 9
Original post by swanseajack1
Have a look at places like Cardiff, Liverpool, Lancaster, Loughborough, East Anglia to see if they accept lower grades

Is city university of London any good
Is city university of London any good

I don't personally know but I would recommend an open day to see.

If you haven't seen them, here are the rankings for Economics.
https://www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/league-tables/rankings/economics

Although take them with a pinch of salt. As said above, there are many excellent universities out there and you need to find the one that suits you best.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending