The Student Room Group

Cost of School Uniform!

I had to get a new school skirt this week, a new blazer and a new tie and I just can't believe how much it was. I never remember it been this expensive before. I think they must think they can cash in on us 6th formers!

Skirt - £38.99
Blazer - £64.50
Tie - £17.99

That just seems a total rip off really.

I had to have a new blazer as we have an honours system with an honours blazer and tie which is a different colour to the rest of the school and I just got awarded honours. Some honour - just get charged for it.
Reply 1
a tie for 18 quid. you got conned!
Reply 2
pennyhen
I had to get a new school skirt this week, a new blazer and a new tie and I just can't believe how much it was. I never remember it been this expensive before. I think they must think they can cash in on us 6th formers!

Skirt - £38.99
Blazer - £64.50
Tie - £17.99

That just seems a total rip off really.

I had to have a new blazer as we have an honours system with an honours blazer and tie which is a different colour to the rest of the school and I just got awarded honours. Some honour - just get charged for it.

Wow you're cheap.
my school uniform was about that expensive- it is a total rip off. know anyone older you can get second hand stuff off in future? or does anything in M&S look similar?
omg my uniform costs fifty quid. im going to bitch about this, even though i wear it every day and therefore save masses of money on any other clothes i would be wearing, and because this is a major issue which deserves public attention!
Reply 5
They're not that expensive. Mine were about that price and were good quality and comfortable. Considering your going to be wearing it 5 days a week for 2 years I don't think thats a bad investment really.
sharp910sh
a tie for 18 quid. you got conned!

It was £17.99 actually...
Reply 7
Mine was the price of shirts, jumpers and trousers in ASDA, plus a £5 school tie and £3 to have to emblems put on.

If I bought them from the school it would have cost at least 5 times as much, for exactly the same things.
Reply 8
my parents spent £400 at the start of year 7 for my stuff.... was like 5 shirts, 2 skirts, 2 jumpers.... and then the PE kit of a polo shirt, skirt, running shorts, knee high socks, leotard, jumper and joggers. Then obviously had to keep replacing it all as I grew out of it or lost it! I think it served them right for sending me to the school they did rather than the school my sister went to >.>
Reply 9
Cheaper than the 50 quid I had to pay for each of my polo shirts...

Latest