Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I had to get a new school skirt this week, a new blazer and a new tie and I just can't believe how much it was. I never remember it been this expensive before. I think they must think they can cash in on us 6th formers!

Skirt - £38.99
    Blazer - £64.50
    Tie - £17.99

That just seems a total rip off really.

I had to have a new blazer as we have an honours system with an honours blazer and tie which is a different colour to the rest of the school and I just got awarded honours. Some honour - just get charged for it.

ReputationRep:
    a tie for 18 quid. you got conned!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pennyhen)
    I had to get a new school skirt this week, a new blazer and a new tie and I just can't believe how much it was. I never remember it been this expensive before. I think they must think they can cash in on us 6th formers!

Skirt - £38.99
    Blazer - £64.50
    Tie - £17.99

That just seems a total rip off really.

I had to have a new blazer as we have an honours system with an honours blazer and tie which is a different colour to the rest of the school and I just got awarded honours. Some honour - just get charged for it.
    Wow you're cheap.

ReputationRep:
    my school uniform was about that expensive- it is a total rip off. know anyone older you can get second hand stuff off in future? or does anything in M&S look similar?

ReputationRep:
    omg my uniform costs fifty quid. im going to ***** about this, even though i wear it every day and therefore save masses of money on any other clothes i would be wearing, and because this is a major issue which deserves public attention!

ReputationRep:
    They're not that expensive. Mine were about that price and were good quality and comfortable. Considering your going to be wearing it 5 days a week for 2 years I don't think thats a bad investment really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sharp910sh)
    a tie for 18 quid. you got conned!
    It was £17.99 actually...

ReputationRep:
    Mine was the price of shirts, jumpers and trousers in ASDA, plus a £5 school tie and £3 to have to emblems put on.

If I bought them from the school it would have cost at least 5 times as much, for exactly the same things.

ReputationRep:
    my parents spent £400 at the start of year 7 for my stuff.... was like 5 shirts, 2 skirts, 2 jumpers.... and then the PE kit of a polo shirt, skirt, running shorts, knee high socks, leotard, jumper and joggers. Then obviously had to keep replacing it all as I grew out of it or lost it! I think it served them right for sending me to the school they did rather than the school my sister went to >.>

ReputationRep:
    Cheaper than the 50 quid I had to pay for each of my polo shirts...

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.