The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
If it was a full driving liscence you might be ok, they never seem to check them as carefully. I guess you might be lucky though in some places, and not in others. I doubt they would take it off you as it is actually yours, I'm pretty sure they are only able to take someone elses.

If you look older, or if you are a girl dressed like a slag you might be ok.

EDIT: I did do this at a friend's 18th with a provisional as the doorman needed glasses, and couldn't actually see the dates on our IDs, but it was a private party, so it's a little different.
kiss_me_now9
Really depends on the club I think... Ours will give it back if you've just tried to be brazen and get in knowing it's under age but confiscate if you've tried to alter it/it's a really obvious fake.

yea if it's fake or tampered with - but if your just trying it on then they can't take it - becuase you're not actually trying to buy alcohol are you - it's not illegal to be in a bar under 18 it's just their policy
I bet it'd work, I think they mainly check the year and that it's genuine. And I doubt they'd confiscate it, it's a genuine ID and it's their job to turn you away if you're underage.
Reply 23
No they do check. On my birthday there were like ohhh happy birthday! Same for my friend who went out for hers the other night.
The_Goose
I'm pretty sure they only confiscate fake ID's though - they can't take your actual driving licence

They do if you are using it and underage.
Reply 25
All the time and my ID isn't fake. They don't even check the info. It's stupid.
PurpleApricot
Yeah, that wouldn't be good.. i'm still tempted :smile:

if you got caught, you wouldnt get barred from anything, just turned away and possibly have it took off you.
just use an 18 y/os... bouncers dont even care
The_Goose
yea if it's fake or tampered with - but if your just trying it on then they can't take it - becuase you're not actually trying to buy alcohol are you - it's not illegal to be in a bar under 18 it's just their policy

Licensing Act 2003 Section 145 (1),

Combine with Section 21 which can force the establishment to have doormen annnnd.

It's as good as illegal seeing as bartenders don't//rarely card people (16 & 17 year olds) when serving them alcohol as it is presumed that the doormen do the carding to increase speed of service.

Not technically illegal but close enough. (Presumably they could be licensed to only allow entry to 18+ (?) Idk....im not that knowledgeable on licensing laws :frown: )

Latest

Trending

Trending