The Student Room Group

University

I am about 4/5 weeks in to my uni degree apprenticeship and I haven’t made much friends at uni. I don’t know where to start or where to begin, is it too late.
Anyone got any advice.
(edited 6 months ago)
Original post by creed5nr6
I am about 4/5 weeks in to my uni degree apprenticeship and I haven’t made much friends at uni. I don’t know where to start or where to begin, is it too late.
Anyone got any advice.

Are you at university (i.e. on campus / local) full time?
Do you live nearby the campus?

I know a lot of these apprenticeships students are only on campus 1-2 times a week.
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 2
We are on campus about once a week as it’s a degree apprenticeships and we have full time jobs that go alongside this
Original post by creed5nr6
We are on campus about once a week as it’s a degree apprenticeships and we have full time jobs that go alongside this

This is what I assumed.

Pragmatically most degree apprenticeship students are not part of the student community at a university as most of the social activities happen in evenings & weekends and to be involved with meeting up with people you kind if need to be present.

Id focus on making friends with some people on your course - just try talking to them, maybe use a piece of coursework as a conversation point, get a phone number & then forge a rapport.

If you live locally join some societies or sports teams.
Original post by mnot
This is what I assumed.

Pragmatically most degree apprenticeship students are not part of the student community at a university as most of the social activities happen in evenings & weekends and to be involved with meeting up with people you kind if need to be present.

Id focus on making friends with some people on your course - just try talking to them, maybe use a piece of coursework as a conversation point, get a phone number & then forge a rapport.

If you live locally join some societies or sports teams.

This is fab advice I second this! Also definitely not too late ever to make friends :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending