The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

DJkG.1
:wtf:

No, not really. Not spelling the name of a traditional, red-brick university does not render the successful applicant to such an institution a "lower-end student".

David.Williamz
I didn't know spelling constituted 'lower end students'; interesting view point :fight:

I know, I know, that was just my idea of a joke.
warrenpenalver
Simple, if you dont get the grades and cant retake them to get them then simply you have to accept that your not an academic and probably will never be. Just choose a vocational career path.

Sorry but not everyone is cut out to be rocket scientists!!!

well i got two C's a D and an E would you say thats bad, i have retaken some so that should boost grades :smile: still tis not looking good
Reply 82
I dont care if the teaching standards go a bit low in unis....I mean how low can they go anyway?.....whats the worst case scenario?....the only reason people should go to uni is because they have a genuine interest in their field, which means that they will 'learn' whether or not there is a teacher lecturing them.....provided that books and the mighty Internet is available ofcourse......
I think the tuition cap should go up to £4000, but subsidies should stay the same... people should have to pay at least a bit upfront for tuition, and the universities need more funding. We don't have that many university places, and it's unrealistic to send everyone to university. Sorry 300,000 people, you're going to have to do something else altogether or wait a year.
Higher education is not a human right, and it's not for everyone.

Latest

Trending

Trending