The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

ELN
Arghh it’s so bad. My Grandmother lives in meadow well and has lived in her house since she got married 50 years ago. The area is not great but the house is really big and traditionally large families have lived on the street and there has been no problems. But within the last year a couple of rough chav families have moved to the end of the street and there kids are running riot and terrorising all the old people on the street. They are running through the gardens climbing over the fences and destroying all the plants etc whilst doing so. Making bud bombs and throwing them of the windows, knocking on the door at like 10/11 o clock at night then running away. Shining laser pens through the window and stealing the milk that gets delivered in the morning. What can I do about it? The police seem reluctant to take any action and there parents don’t seem to care about they way their children behave. My grandmother is now scared to leave the house unless someone is with her and she just feels like a victim in her own hope, it makes me so sad! :mad:

I was going to post a silly solution like put alarms an barbed wire everywhere to annoy them.

But depending on the physical and mental health of your grandmother, I'm sure the police have to make an extra effort to keep them safe at home, if people are disturbing her at home the police should sort it out.

Get your parents to phone the police and complain saying your grandmothers old, confused and scared living in her old home. Causes her to panic, rush around and have accidents, they can't not help then. :smile:

Failing that, rent out one of her rooms to a paedophile who's kind to adults but abuses children, that'll keep them away.
Reply 21
Persuade them to do 32mph in a 30mph limit area.

Only guaranteed way to get arrested and prosecuted in this country any more. :sadnod:
That's horrible, but i understand what she is going through.

I wouldn't usually say this, but as the police don't really het involved, you need to play them at their own game.

During the winter, i believe a nice mix of eggs, flour and sugar will make a nice thick ewwwy gooey goodness which freezes on their windows :wink: Also, fill a milk bottle full of the most disgusting smelling things, and put it on their door handle, so when they open the door the bottle will fall inside the house and smash on the floor :smile:

In the summer (or hotter weather) prawns really smell vile, especially with heat on them. Tip some through the letter box and let it soak nicely into the carpet, before the sun rises. Paint stripper is a nice way to give their car stripes :smile:

I understand what it's like when the police won't help and the parents are as bad as the children. Sometimes it's tit for tat in these situations - just let them know you won't drop this and you mean business, in any way you have available to you :smile:
Reply 23
Hmm, a couple of kids that are up to no good, started making trouble in the neighbourhood.
Just be careful. If you get in one little fight your gran might get scared and send you to live with your aunt and uncle in Bel Air.

On a serious note, they are trespassing on your grandmothers property, so get a friend or two, get some baseball bats or 2x4's and beat the crap out of them. Aim for their legs, especially their knee caps.
Reply 24
ELN

If you have a problem,
if no one else can help,
and if you can find them...

maybe you can hire...

The A-Team.

But seriously - videotape them, its not illegal. The police will take their time in acting and the courts will be even slower, but do stuff like calling social services on their parents, when you do talk to the police, always demand the highest ranking office available, if you think the police are reacting too slowly, make official complaints.

This stuff won't work the first time round, you just have to keep making complaints and demanding to talk to senior officers etc. Contact your local MP about the problem (election season is just around the corner), get a petition for your local MP and Downing street - they'll listen if they think their gonna lose votes. Also contact the people that will be running for parliament in the upcoming elections - tell them there are votes on offer if they can fix the problem (even if you have no intention of voting for them - also, contact the local press etc
Reply 25
we had this problem and the police said it was ok to film our own garden but that it couldnt show a view of the street. so, if you do film things, make sure the view is on the front garden only. get other neighbours to complain to the police too. a number of people in our street complained when a couple of problem families moved into our road and made our lives hell. because there were a good number of people hounding the police, we got regular patrols...sometimes 8-10 times a day and the community officers spent time with the families discussing the children. seemed to work. they still live here but don't bother anyone anymore (soe of their previous behaviour included cornering our children and hitting them with sticks, ripped my car bumper off, smashed windows and would play chicken in the road with cars - scaring the crap out of the drivers. not to mention the usual swearing and screaming late at night). definately do something as no action will just mean they get worse. good luck :-)
you are a chick... just burn down there house down..
Reply 27
ELN
Arghh it’s so bad. My Grandmother lives in meadow well and has lived in her house since she got married 50 years ago. The area is not great but the house is really big and traditionally large families have lived on the street and there has been no problems. But within the last year a couple of rough chav families have moved to the end of the street and there kids are running riot and terrorising all the old people on the street. They are running through the gardens climbing over the fences and destroying all the plants etc whilst doing so. Making bud bombs and throwing them of the windows, knocking on the door at like 10/11 o clock at night then running away. Shining laser pens through the window and stealing the milk that gets delivered in the morning. What can I do about it? The police seem reluctant to take any action and there parents don’t seem to care about they way their children behave. My grandmother is now scared to leave the house unless someone is with her and she just feels like a victim in her own hope, it makes me so sad! :mad:

pick up an AK and spray
thats the mentality of kids today
To be honest if it was more than a one off and the Police were useless. I'd probably confront a few of them in the dark and pick on one of them with a lad who is even bigger than me.Most of the time , these kids are so used to people putting up with it they literally cack themselves if someone even walks up to them and gets nose to nose.I was getting hassled by some chavs in a car when out running for months.

One time they went up a level with the usual ***** and happened to stop at a junction at the end of the road.Ran up to the car opened the door and tried to get the passenger out gave him a slap ,they were screaming and tried to drive off with the door open. And caused a car coming the other way to do an emergency stop.Left them too it and never got any bother from them. Violence and fear is the only thing they know, many get it at home which is why they are always out on the steets.

But you can't rely on that so I suggest an insurance policy which is large mates or have something on you. If theres more than one and they did grass you could tell the Police that you felt threatened ,they came at you etc and you defended yourself. Before I done that I would have a word with the parents if you can bear too.If they **** you off it's plan B. If the father comes round about his son with a black eye give him a dig too. Or get your mates too if he's handy.

You cannot rely on the Police to resolve this. You either move your gran out or beat someone up. And all the whining lefties talking about violence not solving things, you obviously have never lived with a chav family from hell nearby.

If it works for the Korean demilitarised zone, it'll work for you.
Reply 30

Call this guy
Unforunately, there is very little that can be done to prevent these idiots from terrorizing your Grandmother.

You could confront them, but what would that solve? More than likely they would just ignore you, or attempt to start a scuffle. The sad thing is, you will just have to grin and bear it, becuase the police are very unlikely to do anything.

Thank God I live in the middle of the countryside, I don't have to deal with idiot Chavs unless I go to town.
Reply 32
Put on some camo gear, find a nice tree to sit in and ambush them with a paintball gun. After a few nights of relentless attack from an unknown location every time they leave the house they'll be too scared to come out :p:
Reply 33
ELN
OP
under8ted
we had this problem and the police said it was ok to film our own garden but that it couldnt show a view of the street. so, if you do film things, make sure the view is on the front garden only. get other neighbours to complain to the police too. a number of people in our street complained when a couple of problem families moved into our road and made our lives hell. because there were a good number of people hounding the police, we got regular patrols...sometimes 8-10 times a day and the community officers spent time with the families discussing the children. seemed to work. they still live here but don't bother anyone anymore (soe of their previous behaviour included cornering our children and hitting them with sticks, ripped my car bumper off, smashed windows and would play chicken in the road with cars - scaring the crap out of the drivers. not to mention the usual swearing and screaming late at night). definitely do something as no action will just mean they get worse. good luck :-)

Thanks for this.:smile: I'm going to try the video thign when i'm next up at the weekend, I wasn't sure how legal it would be to film kids but i'll make sure only the garden is in view then if that's allowed.
I'd kick sh*t into the parents.
meowmeowmutiny

If it works for the Korean demilitarised zone, it'll work for you.

Indeed :colone:

Still, more practically if the police won't deal with them and will punish you for confronting them directly...

You could try a mosquito device, they're not illegal and won't affect your grandmother. You could set a trap and/or film them. You could put up signs saying that they're cowards for picking on an old lady, although they wouldn't be able to read them. Maybe raise the walls or at least make them unclimbable (dousing them in sticky or slippery substances would put even chavs off)
Reply 36
Your Nan's best bet:

Reply 37
ELN

This is a massive problem and there is absolutley nothing being done about it. The ASBO is an absolute failure of the lowest order. There is only one punishment for the infringement of other peoples civil liberties like this and that is jail for a long time. A big problem is the "slap on the wrist" mentality by the judicial system in the UK. It doesn't go anywhere near far enough in even attempting to eradicate this type of behaviour which is nothing more than intimidation. Also the police can't provide a bodygaurd service, they can only deal with a crime after it has happened (thats if they deal with it at all). Then we are stuck with laws that limit our ability to defend ourselves and our property. There are good honest, hard-working people in jail for doing so. I doubt that anti-social behaviour would be as prevalent if fire-arms were still legal. Group action is a good idea and I fully support it but its usually the people with good intentions who end up answering to a jury! This system is joke! :s-smilie:
Reply 38
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Mosquito

Your nan won't be affected by it at all! A small investment in a device which can play this can go a looooong way!

A guy had it in my maths class, and put it on repeat, really loud! The teacher was totally unaware the whole time, as adults can't hear a thing, and three-quarters of teh class were complaining and moaning of headaches!! One guy went as far as crazy, and stormed out of the classroom. No one snitched up though, most of us found it a laugh!

I would grab a kid, beat the **** out of him, and then kick him away. When he comes with his parents, but on a sad face and almost cry saying that he picked on you first... but the parents'll be dickheads anyway. Tell the police. Add a fake scar, and they'll believe you rather than the apparent chavvy kids with psycho families.

Sorry you're going through a tough time.
Suggestion 2: Kidnap them and put them in a nightmarish lair full of painful death traps.

Latest

Trending

Trending