The Student Room Group

Could I wear this to a nightclub?

I am going to go to a nightclub with my friends, but I have never been before. What should I wear? Do you think this would be OK (I am a boy):

Top: I have a top like that, in red, but with white stripes. I only picked this top because of its long sleeves, as my arms are quite skinny and I feel embarrassed wearing short sleeve tops. Do you know of any nice, long sleeve polo shirts or would this be all right?

Trousers: The first picture (top left one) - I couldn't get the actual link. Most people say that jeans aren't really smart clothes, but the only other smart trousers I can think of are like suit ones, what are other smart trousers?

Shoes: Its the black ones in the middle, on the second row. I'm not too sure what shoes to get. I prefer white trainers, but I don't think that would get me into a club. Are there any other smart, black trainers/shoes I could wear (preferably cheaper than those ones)?

What do you think? I have the top and jeans, but I need to buy some shoes. I don't have a shirt, because I have never really liked wearing them, but when I go to get some shoes, I will try and look at some. Do you have an suggestions?

Thanks in advance :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Not ok
Perfect outfit. Seriously polo shirts and rugby shirts and the best sorta thing to wear out... so much better than crappy shirts which are sooo dated! Jeans are the norm, I wouldn't imagine a boy to come in anything else. I know some boys that do the whole 'Jack the Lad' polo shirt/suit trousers combo but it only suits some people.

That Hollister top is sooo nice as well. Just sessiooonnn Jack Wills, Hollister, Abercrombie etc for going out...PERFECT!
p.s. anyone who says otherwise, isn't as cool as I am.

p.p.s. roll the bottom of your jeans up slightly... and get Chelsea boots! YUM.
RatnSha
Not ok

Why not?
Reply 5
Lose the top...try something less heavy. The rest is fine.
Reply 6
claret_n_blue
Why not?

It's the top..Jeans are fine
Reply 7
You'll get way too hot in a top light that.
The jeans are okay but i don't really like the top or the shoes =/
And you'll probably be hot in that top
If you're self conscious about your arms, wear a vest with a long sleeved shirt but keep the shirt completely unbuttoned..i think that'd look good :smile:
RatnSha
It's the top..Jeans are fine

Milly.x
Lose the top...try something less heavy. The rest is fine.

What should I change it too.

Btw, I prefer these (in black) to the Lacoste's.
Top's alright,
jeans i think should be darker,
trainers look boring, some nice shoes would look smarter anyway, and white lacostes woulf get destroyed the first time you cut the rug in them.
Reply 11
Looks like a chav uniform for Liverpool clubs tbh.
Reply 12
There's something about the shirt that strikes me as not suitable for nightclubs but I guess it depends where you're clubbing. The rest is perfectly fine :smile: Although bear in mind you may find some clubs won't let you in without dress shoes.
Reply 13
I don't really like the top.
Reply 14
claret_n_blue
What should I change it too.

Btw, I prefer these (in black) to the Lacoste's.

Those shoes look quite shiny..anything but that top..maybe shirt?
MarcD
Although bear in mind you may find some clubs won't let you in without dress shoes.

Ok, thanks. I do have dress shoes, but they are a bit scruffy. I can always by new ones :smile:, the problem is that they usuall have no grip and I don't want to slip lol.
Reply 16
Personally, I think you should never wear a jumper and the very least, a t-shirt or preferably a shirt. A shirt/t-shirt combination can also work well. As for your trousers, I find that the darker they are, the better the whole outfit generally looks. Your shoes are black, and that's at least something. You'll get away with them but really you should be wearing something other than trainers.
d123
I don't really like the top.

I don't like that one much either, but the actual one I have is in the wash, so I haven't got a picture to put up of it. That is the closes I could find, that looked like my one :frown:
Top: :nn: :nn: :nn:
Jeans: :indiff: (get a darker pair to upgrade to :yy:)
Shoes: :nn:
Reply 19
All seems perfectly fine; I don't see what the problem is. Though you might get a bit hot in that long-sleeve "sweater".

Have a good time. :yy:

Latest