The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Yeah, idiots. ITV are like that, too.
Reply 5361
DannyD
This will sound weird but, Ronaldinho better player, Henry more effective player. Dinho is much better skill wise, entertainment wise and can do more, but Henry gets much more combined goals and assists.

Henry is not effective at all. He chokes in the big games in the CL and for France.
Reply 5362
He probably realises that staying at Arsenal is best fr him coz he would be total flop at Barca.
peterunitt
hmm dunno, depends how well Arsenal do from now on, Could potentially shatter his career. But i can see Arsenal improving soon.

Dont see how it could shatter his career. Its a career which he most likely would never have had had he not come to Arsenal in the 1st place.

--------------

ba_ba1
He probably realises that staying at Arsenal is best fr him coz he would be total flop at Barca.

A bold statement which we will never probably know if its true. I disagree with it anyway.
Funny how no-one has said that in reality that you cant compare them. They play different positions and have different roles. Henry will always score more goals being a forward, Ronaldinho will always shape the game more being a play-maker. People will disagree but for me Ronaldinho is an attacking midfielder whilst Henry is a forward.

If you ask me who I would rather have in my team then id would go with Ronaldinho but that doesnt necessarily make him better.
bushboy
Why are the BBC putting al these shows about United on TV at the moment. Ok, Best was a legend, we al know that, but does he really deserve 3 hours of programmes (one of which lasted an hour and was called 'there's only one United!'). Then, on Tuesday night there is apparently a Munich Air Disaster dramatisation. A tragic event, but why is TV licencepayers' money being used to create free advertising for Man Utd. Considering Ferguson flatly refuses even to talk to the BBC, I find this all very strange.

Not sure about the Best coverage but I am quite interested in the Munich disaster even though I support Arsenal
Reply 5366
Economist
Dont see how it could shatter his career. Its a career which he most likely would never have had had he not come to Arsenal in the 1st place.

--------------

A bold statement which we will never probably know if its true. I disagree with it anyway.

true it is a bold statement, and you don't have to agree. I think that at Arsenal, the team is built aroud Henry and thats why he is so succesful in the EPL. For France, th team is not built around him - henry is simply another player. This is why generally speaking, he has seriously underperformed for France. If he were to move to Barcelona, i think a similar think would happen - the team is built around ronaldinho and henry would be just another player. This doesnt seem to suit Henry and hence he may perform poorly if he went t Barca.
NDGAARONDI

Nope. If any L'Arse fan reminds me of how much it took for Chelski to beat them I just ask them which team has the most England internationals, that's jsut for starters.

Funny statement. How many of those players came through your youth system? Not that it matters because the last time I checked we had internationals where players of the same nationality could play alongside each other or have they changed that now?

The poll results are laughable. Tottenham fans get deluded far too easily. We win our next game and go 3 points behind yet its the worst we've played and the best youve played for ages. Form is temporary, class is permanent. Fell free to bring this thread to the top come the end of the season but the best I can see for the spuds is UEFA.
ba_ba1
true it is a bold statement, and you don't have to agree. I think that at Arsenal, the team is built aroud Henry and thats why he is so succesful in the EPL. For France, th team is not built around him - henry is simply another player. This is why generally speaking, he has seriously underperformed for France. If he were to move to Barcelona, i think a similar think would happen - the team is built around ronaldinho and henry would be just another player. This doesnt seem to suit Henry and hence he may perform poorly if he went t Barca.

Arsenal have performed worse since he has been made captain and the team more modelled around him. I would say it was more modelled around Vieira the last few years where he arguably performed much better just as 'another player'
Reply 5369
Economist
Arsenal have performed worse since he has been made captain and the team more modelled around him. I would say it was more modelled around Vieira the last few years where he arguably performed much better just as 'another player'

Vieira has been a big miss this season, no doubt. But say if Henry had left instead of Vieira, i think Arsenal would have struggled even more.
Reply 5370
bring viera back
Reply 5371
come on guys.. man u has been on the top spot afor a number of years already.. give chelsea a chance... XD
ba_ba1
Vieira has been a big miss this season, no doubt. But say if Henry had left instead of Vieira, i think Arsenal would have struggled even more.

Possibly, shame we'll never know
Reply 5373
It's a risk. Arsenal aren't the force they once were, and that's not about to change. If he wants money, medals, titles, he'll go to La Liga. If he wants adoration, responsibility and admiration, he'll stay and fight. It'll not only be a catastrophe to Arsenal if he moves on but a great loss to the Premiership.
Reply 5374
bushboy
Yeah, cos they always the earth don' t they? Lennon came for £1 million and Robinson for £1.5 million.

Lennon hasn't made it, Robinson was exceptional circumstances - not that he was a full international by then anyway. My point is that decent english players come at a price, far more than foreign equivalents. Not all of us can afford to buy the england team.
Reply 5375
Munich Crash was 6 of Feb so the anniversary is coming up soon I guess. And how is it advertisement for the club ffs? Would you say a Hillsborough documentary is advertisement of Liverpool? Or the Bradford fire for Bradford FC? Are you not in the least bit interested about it?
Liverpool fans to Bowyer on boxing day..

Your supposed to be in jail,
Your supposed to be in jail!

And to Micheal Owen...

You should have signed for a good club,
Signed for a good club

Song about Luis garcia
To the tune of You are my Sunshine:

Lou-is Gar-CI-a!
He drinks san-GRI-a!
He came from Barca,
To bring us joy.
He's 4 foot 7,
He's football heaven,
Please don't take our Louis away!

Fuuuck off, chelsea fc, you've got no history, 5 european cups and 18 leagues now thats what we call history!

As much as I hate man Ure i think the chants they have are great...
"are you watching micheal shields"

Bit harsh, but they got chants of "munich 58" in return!

--------------

Michelin Man
Now you got me goin...

You are a scouser, an ugly scouser,
you're only happy on giro day,
you're mums out stealin,
you're dads drug dealin,
please don't take my hubcaps away,

la la la la la (to the tune of you are my sunshine for any scouser)

wheres your granny gone (to wayne rooney)

Ruud Van-s.hit-himself la la la la (after van nistelrooy's meeting with keown)

5 men went to lift, went to lift frank lampard
5 men 4 men 3 men 2 men 1 man and his dog spot
went to lift frank lampard (to lampard with his weight 'problem')

he's bald, he's s.hit, he plays when no ones fit CYGAN CYGAN

Went down the Lane, the other night,
to tell the Scum, we got the new Ian Wright,
they said to me, how can that be?
I said to them, we got Thierry Henry,
Thierry Henry... Thierry Henry... Thierry Henry... Thierry Henry!
Thierry Henry... Thierry Henry... Thierry Henry... Thierry Henry!

More to come once i get thinking

To the tune of Nick nack paddywack

1-0 down, 2-1 up.
Micheal Owen won the cup

--------------

dan
KOPITES ARE GOBSH*TES!
(repeat to fade..)

You sing songs about any other club?
(it's spelled Michael) :wink:
Book-worm

--------------