The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

When I was about 10-11 I used it quite a lot, and I remember being the first one out of my friends to get broadband and they were all like 'YOU CAN USE THE INTERNET AND THE PHONE AT THE SAME TIME?? I AM SOOO JEALOUS'.

Such simple times.
Early 2001 when I got my first computer. All my friends had had computers for years before me and I felt so left out, lol.
When we finally got a computer which was in the middle of year 8 so 2004/5. Before that all my friends would be on MSN all the time so I would feel left out.
Reply 23
when windows 98 was a big thing. so im guesing about 6
Since about 1998ish, so approximately 12 years ago. Back when it was lovely ol' dial up.
It was on a white Tiny PC. It was so ****. Ah the memories

And I was about 9
Reply 26
I don't remember when I 1st used the interwebs I'm guessing I was around 8. I do remember my 1st computer though it was a Macintosh Plus which my dad got from work. I've still got it too.
Reply 27
Yeah, i was around 8 years old too, i think the first form of internet I had was AOL, which at the time was AMAZING, but now i look back on it I realise how much the internet has evolved :smile:
Reply 28
Heather_1
Years ago!

I had windows 95 and the first internet account was AOL. The days when you spoke in the 'controlled' chatrooms and used A/S/L instead of asking for someone's Facebook or Myspace page.

I think I must have been about 96 or 97 maybe? It was before the school had internet, as we could only play game son the school computers.

I remember dial up aswell! You could never get online, it'd kick you off and anyone who phoned you would get mad as you were using up the line with the internet!

Good old days!

Hahah I was such a wierdo I used to go in sites like neopets and girland and habbo hotel LOL the shame =$
When I was 8. I miss the screeching noise of dial up. :coma:
I think when I was about 8 we had these huge computers at school. I got a computer at home when I was around 10 I think.
Reply 31
I think I was about 10, or a bit younger.
The days of Neopets...
Unfortunately, when I got to uni :frown: my dad was totally against it. He had it but we were never allowed on. Think he was just paranoid about what we'd see... If I had had internet the way I have now from when I was 12/13, I would have known so much more about uni and done things a lot differently. Resent it slightly.
This thread makes me feel old :sad:

I first used it in Year 13 (2000/2001) when our school got it. We had to do our UCAS on it but the librarian was a bit of a witch and wouldn't let us on the computers half the time.

We got it at home the summer after.
Reply 34
I didn't even know how to even turn a computer on, till I was 11.
Oh, and I still go on Neopets sometimes :awesome:
13 as far as i can remember:biggrin: but we never use to have a computer+internet at home in holland ,so i always use to go out every single day:biggrin: i miss those days:frown:
Reply 37
We first got it at home when I was about 8, but I think I was using it at school for maybe 1 or 2 years before then?
Reply 38
'94- i remember watching my mum type up reports :eek:

'97- my cousin looking up unis online

'98- sent my first email to him in '98 when he left home and went to america :smile:

early '00s-mugglenet, neopets and bebo took over my life....

and now im on tsr :cool:
Probably around 1997, I would have been 13 then. Had a computer running Windows 95, with a 166MHz processor, 32MB RAM and a 2GB HDD.

Latest

Trending

Trending