The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
PublicSchoolAnn
Tara Palmer Tomkinson.

errrrr?! :confused: :confused:
i used to think jude law, until the whole affair with his nanny, ah well spose he's only human after all!
Reply 41
Jelkin
Samuel L Jackson and Johnny Depp in one sense, but in the other:

Richard Whitely (legend)...RIP

Terry Wogan - yes, really - he's the overvoice for the Eurovision Song Contest and rips the piss out of the contestants as well as those weird sketches in between songs! I also once heard that he gets drunk whilst doing it! Ha ha.

Given the overwhelming support for Johnny Depp I accept his nomination. I heard his performance in Charlie & Choc factory was very good so he's in! However, I'm quite keen on nominations for 'alternative cool' i.e. people who are cool but few people seem to realise it.

Richard Whiteley is certainly in! He was a bit smug in a cool, confident way. His clumsiness made him likeable and he provided essential viewing for students nationwide!

So, the 'cool list' so far then is:

1. jeremy clarkson
2. johnny depp
3. richard whiteley
4. boris johnson
julian casablancas (associate member, I need more convincing that he should be a full member!)

samuel l jackson and noel gallagher are under consideration!
Reply 42
Julian casablancas is wayyy cool! And he's beautiful and when i have children, if i have a boy i shall call him Julian after him!
Reply 43
Greyhound02

Richard Whiteley is certainly in! He was a bit smug in a cool, confident way. His clumsiness made him likeable and he provided essential viewing for students nationwide!

So, the 'cool list' so far then is:

1. jeremy clarkson
2. johnny depp
3. richard whiteley
4. boris johnson
julian casablancas (associate member, I need more convincing that he should be a full member!)

samuel l jackson and noel gallagher are under consideration!

what about jude law? or is my post invisible cos whenever i ask a question on this forum, nobody seems to reply. :frown:
Do they have to be alive?
I guess you could take most James Bond actors and I agree with the Jude Law suggestion.

As for Jeremy Clarkson, there's nothing cool about him except the fact he thinks he's cool. He oozes of Little England ignorance and in my books, ignorance and close-mindedness is not cool.
Reply 46
SamTheMan
I agree with the Jude Law suggestion.

thank you! at least somebody listens... :rolleyes:
Reply 47
rupalini
what about jude law? or is my post invisible cos whenever i ask a question on this forum, nobody seems to reply. :frown:

jude law is now under consideration. Could you make a case for him being in though? I need persuading because I saw 'alfie' and thought it was pure rubbish!
Reply 48
ChrisH2107
Do they have to be alive?

No, dead people could be honorary members
Greyhound02
No, dead people could be honorary members

Then it's Leonardo da Vinci.

He is simply the best guy ever.
Reply 50
ok guys, here is the newly updated cool list:

1. jeremy clarkson
2. johnny depp
3. richard whiteley
4. boris johnson
5. samuel l jackson NEW MEMBER!!!! I accepted this nomination purely because my extensive research (ha ha) has concluded that he is the coolest black actor around!
6. noel gallagher NEW MEMBER!!!! Given that I am an enormous oasis fan I was never going to need much convincing here. He is cool because he blagged a 6 album record deal with only about 6 songs and wrote most of 'definitely maybe' (probably the most important album of the 1990's) on the train from london to manchester! He's also cool because he says what he wants to about anyone; he said bloc party look like a 'university challenge team' and that he didnt like the kaiser chiefs cos they 'wear make up'. He's cool cos he's a great musician and he knows it!
7. julian casablancas NEW MEMBER!!!! After a LOT of deliberation I have decided to accept him as a representative of uber-cool types although I think there may have been better candidates out there e.g. alex from franz ferdinand and brandon from the killers. But I guess there's only so much room in here!

I'm very surprised at the notable absence of any female nominations!!! Are women just not cool or something? Surely not! Get thinking guys as this club is a (half hearted) democracy (I reserve all rights on final judgement though)!
Reply 51
Jack Black Mofos
I propose Vicki Butler-Henderson as a female candidate. She is Jeremy Clarkson, without what some of you seem to dislike about him, with the advantages of being younger and more attractive.
Reply 53
Angelina Jolie is cool in the same sort of way as Johnny Depp. But alternatively....hm....I can't really think of anyone right now. Will think on it.

JACK BLACK is an excellent suggestion! He is hilarious. Kyle Glass (band member) is underrated - he's cooool as well. Also, David Grohl. All three = hilarious.
Reply 54
RealityIsDull
Johnny Depp... Surely no one is cooler than that... if he was any cooler he'd be frozen

Completely agree, Johnny Depp rocks :rock:
Reply 55
Jelkin
Angelina Jolie is cool in the same sort of way as Johnny Depp. But alternatively....hm....I can't really think of anyone right now. Will think on it.

JACK BLACK is an excellent suggestion! He is hilarious. Kyle Glass (band member) is underrated - he's cooool as well. Also, David Grohl. All three = hilarious.

Yeah Dave Grohl is tres cool too :cool: and Jack Black is pretty funny :smile:
Reply 56
I want to nominate Courtney Love. Everyone will disagree with me, I'm sure! But i love the woman, i think shes cool as ****!
Reply 57
I want to nominate Morrissey as well
Reply 58
Bam Margera lives a damn cool lifestyle.
Reply 59
Jeremy Clarkson is a racist, stupid ****, he can't drive....But he can come out with some funny stuff

Bam Margera lives a damn cool lifestyle.

Did. He used to be funny with the CKY videos. Now it just isn't funny. When he trashes his mums kitchen, she dosen't care, he's done it 100 times before and now he buys her a new one each time.

His career flopped like a wet trout the second Viva La Bam aired

I want to nominate Courtney Love. Everyone will disagree with me, I'm sure! But i love the woman, i think shes cool as ****!

Wow, I think heroin addicts with kids are cool too!

I nominate, Flea

Latest

Trending

Trending