The Student Room Group

Help!!

Ive just done my AS levels and Got B ( 2 marks off an A) in maths, B in chemistry and a C in biology but really wanna do pharmacy which i need either abb or bbb. I know y i have done badly as ive been in n out of hospital all yr n have been realy ill, now basically better i shud be able to get the grades but do u think the universities will accept that or not?
Reply 1
Its impossible to say, universitys are supposed to look at you application in this order; personal statement, reference and THEN grades but if your grades are massivly bellow what you need at A-Level there is a chance you may not be acepted on that basis.
Reply 2
Thnks! Well ive worked really hard on my personal statement and my head of sixth form said she is going 2 rite 2 every uni explaining why is that i havent done so well. im only a grade short in bio! n i no wot im predicted for uni n they are A in maths, A in chem n B in bio! shud that help?
Reply 3
Well if your predictions are up to scratch there shouldnt be anything to worry about, just concentrate on making sure you get them!
If you haven't 'cashed in' your AS Level grades then you don't have to declare them on your UCAS form, meaning the uni will just see your predicted grades :smile:.

If you have and so have to state them, you could always contact the universities to let them know the circumstances during your AS year. Although if your headof sixth form is doing it too then that may be enough?

Anyways good luck with it all! Where are you thinking of applying?

Latest

Trending

Trending