The Student Room Group

What can I do for DofE bronze volunteering if I'm 13

I am currently doing my bronze DofE and I am struggling to find something to do as volunteering for someone that is 13 my birthday is in 13 so its really difficult to find any jobs or slots to do work. Recommendations?
Original post by OmarElbo
I am currently doing my bronze DofE and I am struggling to find something to do as volunteering for someone that is 13 my birthday is in 13 so its really difficult to find any jobs or slots to do work. Recommendations?

You can ask your school if they can recommend you any or you can actually do your volunteering component within your school (like find a subject department you're interested in and see if they can let you stay a bit after school to help out). Or you can join some scouts or any activities your community is running.
Original post by OmarElbo

When I did my DofE I went to a nearby castle to help out on a project they were doing so maybe try asking locally to see if theres anything similar you can help out. Some of my friends stayed after school to help out in homework club and one of them even helped to mow neighbours' lawns.
Some ideas for bronze Dofe are: volunteering at your local library, Dog walking, Helping at an elderly home, helping coach children sport, litter picking, mentor other children, collect for a food bank

There are lots of ideas if you have a look on the Dofe Volunteering page.

I hope this helps :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest