The Student Room Group

Things in football that annoy you

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Keith_Dave
I'm assuming Becks in 1998 & Ronaldo in 2006, but who was it 2002??

I think he meant Rooney for the up coming WC.
Reply 81
Harry Redknapp. The guys eye's are ALMOST covered by FAT! Wtf :|
Oh thats not the reasons why I hate him, just thought I'd point out :biggrin:

SO MUCH HYPE ABOUT WEMBLEY PITCH!
Reply 82
27 Emmanuel Eboue
Sup.

Well I can cope with managers criticising each others teams shortly before and after football, and I'm glad that teams have different styles, it makes things more interesting. Personally, Arsenal fan born and bred, I do prefer the pretty style we play, but I don't hate Stoke and Pulis for playing a more physical, long ball style game - I quite respect them for doing it and doing it successfully.

However, Pulis keeps going on about it, about Wenger and Arsenal, and it gets really annoying seeing his stupid head in the media whinging about something we've done. It also annoys me how his players can clearly do no wrong, and yet one of the things he complains about is Wenger protecting Arsenal players by not slamming them in the press.

On Shawcross, I can now add you to my list of things that annoy me in football. Shawcross is a dirty player, it's not the first time he's broken someone's leg - a few years ago and Franny Jeffers springs to mind? He might, hopefully he hasn't, but he might have ruined one of the finest talents in world football, let alone British football, and all because 'Arsenal don't like it up 'em'. I'm not saying we didn't have dirty players - Adams, Bould, Vieira etc were hardly clean and I love them... but they didn't go around breaking legs; they were physical but not reckless. Personally, I hope Wilshere comes back from Bolton a bit more like them, one of the things we're lacking is a few ***** who are going to niggle and challenge. Having said that, it's never good to break legs and frankly I'd be sickened and guilt ridden if an Arsenal player ever did it to someone.

Now, you're going to accuse me of hypocrisy here because obviously, I'd forgive them eventually, and I don't know if I'll ever forgive Shawcross. Why? Because he complained about Ramsey not saying that all was forgiven mere days after the incident, and then proceeded to come out and say that he'd got over it all much quicker than he would have thought. Well congratulations Ryan. If only Ramsey's leg would heal so quickly.

/rant

Fair do's for sticking up for your team, you're arguments are reasonable to some extent.
I haven't heard Shawcross complaing about Ramsey not saying all is forgiven? If you could provide a link i'd be grateful.

Have been supporting Stoke for 10 years at the very least and i can't remember this Francis Jeffers tackle which the Gunners have suddenly remembered.

Shawcross isn't a dirty player in the sense that Roy Keane was a dirty sod who DELIBERATLEY injured a fellow professional. He was reckless twice(?) and now has a North London fatwah on him.

The thing that annoys me most was the reaction to it, you'd have thought he'd pulled out a sledgehammer and smashed it over his leg. 3 years ago, Rory Delap broke his leg against Sunderland due a horrendous challenge. Pulis simply said "It's one of things" and we moved on. It would be nice if Wenger and the arsenal fans could to

As for Tony Pulis, if Wenger hadn't slammed Stoke City for "targeting" his players 3 days after losing 2-1, him and Arsene could have been best buds, you never know? TP isn't one to take criticism, from anyone, and not stand up for himself
Reply 83
It's gotta be the fouls breaking up Arsenal's AMAZING play :/
Reply 84
Keith_Dave
I'm assuming Becks in 1998 & Ronaldo in 2006, but who was it 2002??

Roy Keane(though admittedly the media never had much love for him and its not as bad as the other 2). I reckon it will be Rooney this year, he'll do something silly like get sent off in a big game, England will get knocked out on penalties and you will have the media clamouring for a public hanging.
Reply 85
Footballers.

And football fans.
********* who think it's acceptable to have digs at Hillsborough a day after the anniversary.

Yes, I'm talking about you shítbags in this thread.
Reply 87
Arsenal and Chelsea fans annoy me a lot. Arsenal fans probably a bit more so.
Wow this could be a long list:
Arsenal FC
Wenger's 'we play the greatest football ever seen so no-one can use physical contact against us' policy
Diving
Drogba
Players surrounding the ref
Rubbish refs who cave in to players' pressure
Andre Marriner
The amount of really average foreign players in the Premier League whose positions could be filled by young English players

erm...I'll think of more
Reply 89
when United lose. Annoys the freaking crap outta me. Wanna hit everyone that says anything to me when they lose :angry:
Reply 90
Liverpool fans who only know to say one thing
"5 Times" yet if you ask them the years, the scorelines and who they played etc. They dont the faintest idea in the world!!! cocks
Plt_KVP
I dont want to, crappy job. :rolleyes:
They annoy me, but not so much that I want to become one and show them how its done..
Why dont you? :cool:

I am a referee...I'm also Welsh so I'll never referee the Premier League.

You don't have much right to complain if you're not going to do much about it, or even try to understand the job that they do
1. Stoke City FC.
2. Yellow cards for taking your shirt off.
3. FC Spartak Chelski.
Reply 93
ChrisWilliams
I am a referee...I'm also Welsh so I'll never referee the Premier League.

You don't have much right to complain if you're not going to do much about it, or even try to understand the job that they do

Yet most people complain about politics and what not, even though we havent been Prime Minister.

If your a Ref, then I respect your decision to pursue that career and I wish you the best. But you and I are different, and are therefore entitled to different opinions.
Reply 94
Fans -- most of them are thick as ****.
Reply 95
muzzy123
Liverpool fans who only know to say one thing
"5 Times" yet if you ask them the years, the scorelines and who they played etc. They dont the faintest idea in the world!!! cocks

Your joking right? No Liverpool fans only come out with "5 times".

And football wasn't invented in 1992 when the Barclays Premiership was introduced btw. (this is about your sig)
Reply 96
soulless grounds full of no-nothing glory hunters who have the latest star players name on the back of their shirt to prove how much of a fan they are.
Just to clear one thing up; Hillsborough was a tragedy, a disaster, so I'd like people to stop calling me ******* insensitive. Maybe it's just because I'm surrounded by Man U fans for most of the time, but I've been led to believe that if fans hadn't been passing tickets out so more could get in, such problems wouldn't have occured. Obviously I accept that there were massive policing errors as well.

And as for women/oldies/children at matchs, in my experience they all sit down and don't sing, which is annoying. I'm very much in favour of bringing in terraced areas - they're perfectly safe if properly organised and closed when they reach capacity...
Reply 98
Pundits who are unable to actually analyse a match, so simple throw a cliché at it.
Reply 99
Time-wasting
Rubbish ref's/lines people
Almunia's pathetic attempts at saving- and thats coming from an Arsenal fan
Drogba.

Quick Reply

Latest