The Student Room Group

What do guys find attractive and how can i glow up

I just wanna know what things guys find attractive in a girl and what I can do to become prettier/hotter. Its not like im not that goodlooking i get dms here and there and ive heard 1 or 2 guys talking about me but i js wanna kno how i can look even better and act hotter. Gals and guys please give me advice !!
Reply 1
Don't change to attract a guy, because you won't be able to keep up the act. If he doesn't like you for you, if you have a friendly and caring personality, he's not worth bothering about.
Reply 2
hun dont change for men
its not worth it trust me i tried
someone will always compliment your personality
u dont wanna start faking u and some guy likes u, but have to pretend to be someone ur not throughout a whole relationship theres no point
just be u and u will always be pretty x
Reply 3
Original post by mari_07
hun dont change for men
its not worth it trust me i tried
someone will always compliment your personality
u dont wanna start faking u and some guy likes u, but have to pretend to be someone ur not throughout a whole relationship theres no point
just be u and u will always be pretty x
awww okay thanks bae x
Reply 4
Original post by surnia
don't change to attract a guy, because you won't be able to keep up the act. If he doesn't like you for you, if you have a friendly and caring personality, he's not worth bothering about.
okok thank u luv x
Original post by itzmeeeee
I just wanna know what things guys find attractive in a girl and what I can do to become prettier/hotter. Its not like im not that goodlooking i get dms here and there and ive heard 1 or 2 guys talking about me but i js wanna kno how i can look even better and act hotter. Gals and guys please give me advice !!
i don’t know man, it is what it is
I'm a bloke so might be able to answer this well. I'll make this detailed as I think a lot of people misunderstand what guys like. Many will think this might be a bit traditional but for many guys it is the norm.

First thing I should say is that you shouldn't let what men want completely change you. After-all ideally you want someone to like you for you, not for a separate personality you have crafted to essentially deceive both them and yourself. However I will still give you some details so you understand and don't wander in the dark. But regardless it really depends on what your looking for. A long term committed partner? A one night stand who will never contact you again? or some chav who shows you no respect? I will address personality first, and then looks.

If you want a long term partner then I would say your average guy likes someone who is kind and nurturing, someone who can comfort him. Not someone who yaps endlessly. A traditional feminine personality is very attractive. Number one out of all of this is showing respect. Now this is done through acts of service, for example, making him breakfast or even a cup of coffee in the morning. In some way you could say this is obedience? However there is a fine line because you should not feel used like a slave, you should want to do it because you respect and love your partner, and want to show them! If they take it for granted and don't show the same respect in return, it is not healthy. The guy should want to treat you because of this as well, fancy dinners, holidays etc. Another big thing that guys like in a long term partner will probably annoy a lot of girls, but it is a universal fact from most guys that this is a huge red flag, it's going out clubbing all the time. clubbing every now and then is ok, but every week or even fort-nite? I would avoid those girls 10 times out of 10. Another thing is having a high body count. A lot of girls will get angry at this also but this is just a fact. It is what it is. This does not mean you have a virgin or anything, it's just for me I would say anything above 5 bodies is a bit much and I would tend to avoid. So make sure that whoever you sleep with is someone special, not some bloke who vapes and you met in a club.

With regards to your views on the world, this depends a lot on the person but when I talk to a girl who is more on the right side of the political spectrum, or has some religious values, or "based", I fall in love 🥰. It just helps to have someone who has the same values as you.

Now the way you look. To be honest, a lot of girls wear thick makeup and stuff and wear overtight dresses, (women don't be annoyed but essentially if you look like a s***) They are attractive for one night stands from dudes who will never talk to you again and don't respect you but if you want a long term relationship being a bit more reserved in how you dress is really nice. It makes you seem more approachable and kind as well. So don't trade off a good long term relationship for some meaningless fun. Again an obvious one would be also being fit, going to the gym and taking care of yourself. Not in an obsessive way or anything but just lifting weights etc. Best not to be fat.

So in conclusion this depends a lot on the guy, but I would say most self respecting men who want a more traditional relationship would like the stuff I suggested above. Again, don't completely change your personality just to attract dudes because to be honest, most guys nowadays are ***** and *******s. If you have found anything useful and you think is a good idea it won't hurt to put some effort in, however if you find it completely incompatible with your personality then don't force it. You want to find someone who likes you for you, otherwise it simply won't work. A lot of people here say don't change for men etc, but to be honest I would disagree, a lot of blokes change for women, they try make money, they go to the gym etc. So why shouldn't you do the same? In a relationship you have to change each other for the sake of the relationship, As long as you don't compromise your own values, you have to be willing to change. I might have been contradictory but a little change is not bad and is sometimes necessary is my point.

For any people who disagree with what I have suggested then you are entitled to your opinion, blokes are all attracted to different things, however all I will say is there is a reason the passport bro exists; a guy who travels abroad to search for a girl with more traditional values because there are none in the UK. If your offended, then I apologise but nonetheless, guys tend to be pretty selective with their partners so there you go.
Reply 7
this is is such good advice thank youuu!!
Reply 8
Original post by Anonymous #1
i don’t know man, it is what it is
real ig
Work out, eat healthy, take care of your skin, that sort of stuff.

Most importantly just be a good person. Nothing more attractive than a lass with a good heart.
Reply 10
Original post by ICEcold_Stoic
Work out, eat healthy, take care of your skin, that sort of stuff.

Most importantly just be a good person. Nothing more attractive than a lass with a good heart.
Great !!
Reply 11
Original post by itzmeeeee
this is is such good advice thank youuu!!
No, it's not, in certain places.

'A traditional feminine personality is very attractive. Number one out of all of this is showing respect. Now this is done through acts of service, for example, making him breakfast or even a cup of coffee in the morning....The guy should want to treat you because of this as well, fancy dinners, holidays etc."

I'm ex-military. I'm an engineer, which is unusual in the Forces, let alone anywhere. I now work a physical job that involves lifting, carrying, even some van driving. I go to football matches and watch other sport on TV. My preferred style is casual/sporty. I have a long-term boyfriend.

You don't just give respect, it has to earned. You don't just demonstrate it through acts of service and material goods is not a decent return. It's also about partnership. Why can't you be brought a cup of tea in a morning or be the one paying for an occasional expensive treat, because your boyfriend has supported your long-term ambitions and you earn a good wage?
Surnia yes I absolutely agree with you, I just don't think I articulated it well. Thank you for your service.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending