The Student Room Group

Relationship

Hi, just wanted to post this to see if I should feel the way that I do.
Basically it’s my birthday tomorrow so my mum said she will look after our child so we can go out tonight..
My partner had a football game today which is 3 and half hours away from home and he’s decided to go there instead of spending the evening doing things.
He’s not even playing as he’s hurt his foot, it’s not a high team it’s just his local team playing so he’s literally just there..
I feel hurt and upset that I’m sat in on my own for my birthday.
Should I feel like this or not?
Hi, Sorry you're feeling like this.

Did he know that you were planning to go out? I know it sucks to be blown off for a sports game he's not even playing in. Fair enough, it's not like it's a big team... but is he the captain, or is it an important match?

I appreciate this is a bit late now, but hopefully you can do something with your girl-mates? I dunno, go to a bar, go out for a meal or watch a movie?
Original post by Anonymous
Hi, just wanted to post this to see if I should feel the way that I do.
Basically it’s my birthday tomorrow so my mum said she will look after our child so we can go out tonight..
My partner had a football game today which is 3 and half hours away from home and he’s decided to go there instead of spending the evening doing things.
He’s not even playing as he’s hurt his foot, it’s not a high team it’s just his local team playing so he’s literally just there..
I feel hurt and upset that I’m sat in on my own for my birthday.
Should I feel like this or not?

What guy chooses to go watch football over his girlfriends birthday, I'd ditch him he ain't loyal
Reply 3
Original post by I am Christine
What guy chooses to go watch football over his girlfriends birthday, I'd ditch him he ain't loyal

Honestly. But they have a baby so she probably can’t just leave him just like that . I think she should have an honest convo with him about how she feels and if he doesn’t change ,she should contemplate other options
Reply 4
Original post by Old Skool Freak
Hi, Sorry you're feeling like this.

Did he know that you were planning to go out? I know it sucks to be blown off for a sports game he's not even playing in. Fair enough, it's not like it's a big team... but is he the captain, or is it an important match?

I appreciate this is a bit late now, but hopefully you can do something with your girl-mates? I dunno, go to a bar, go out for a meal or watch a movie?

Thanku for your reply , really greatful!
Yeah, he knew that I wanted to do something and obvs with my mum saying she would had our child for us to do something aswell just shows really that I wanted to plan something.
He’s not captain or anything, he’s actually just a sub so he literally will only play like the last 20 minutes of a normal game anyway.
It was a bigger game but I still feel annoyed at the fact we didn’t do anything and he didn’t even actually play.
I actually don’t have any friends as I moved down south so I only have my partner, child and family so I couldn’t have even done that. ☹️
Reply 5
Original post by appleonly
Honestly. But they have a baby so she probably can’t just leave him just like that . I think she should have an honest convo with him about how she feels and if he doesn’t change ,she should contemplate other options

Appreciate your comment!
That’s exactly how I feel, I feel he never really puts in the effort and I can’t just leave him bcos we do have a child together! Idk is it really that deep?
I can never speak to him about what upset me bcos then he turns it into an argument and will say like it was a big game, I should’ve been there even if I wasn’t playing etc”
I just don’t know whether I should react to him going and not spending time with me
Original post by Anonymous
Thanku for your reply , really greatful!
Yeah, he knew that I wanted to do something and obvs with my mum saying she would had our child for us to do something aswell just shows really that I wanted to plan something.
He’s not captain or anything, he’s actually just a sub so he literally will only play like the last 20 minutes of a normal game anyway.
It was a bigger game but I still feel annoyed at the fact we didn’t do anything and he didn’t even actually play.
I actually don’t have any friends as I moved down south so I only have my partner, child and family so I couldn’t have even done that. ☹️

Hope you're feeling a bit better today.

Well, it's not my place to say "you should dump his a***", but it maybe sounds like a "We need to talk... " moment. Unfortunately, sometimes... boys will be boys. Not sure if I can say this as a guy, myself... but sometimes we're simple creatures, and we don't do hints very well. In future, you sometimes need to state the obvious (even if you feel you shouldn't have to).

Could you plan a weekend back home? Catch up with your mates that way, if you're feeling homesick?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending