The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Ilford uhhh great times and not so great times.......
Looool at the guy that said East Ham

and Stratford.... O_o please, that's the safest place I feel when i'm around here in East

but yeah Lambeth... Brixton and Peckham, Croydon can be really dangerous - heard it's got a lot of gangs, Hackney is still exaggerated in terms of being dangerous imo

like any other area it can get isolated violent crime and stabbings / shootings but that doesn't mean it's just a dangerous area, people have been shot and stabbed in just about every area in London anywhere
Reply 42
rosexx
Brixton and Thornton Heath :eek:

How come you think Thornton Heath is dangerous.
Reply 43
RemadE
If you define "dangerous" as "lost likely to get stabbed or beaten up", then anywhere. It's no more dangerous than if you were to mouth someone off at a bar in any other city.
However, gangs do operate in suburbs. I'm from West London and I can tell you that Hayes is a pretty shady place. 12 people (of a non British ethnicity) kicked down my friends flat door, held a knife to her throat, stabbed her boyfriend and stole his wallet.
All that for a wallet. They had to pay for the damage, too.
Just be wary.

I live 2 mins away from Hayes. :cry2:
lol @ this thread. non-londoners mentioning an area that they drove through once and looks a bit crap, and londoners falling over themselves to assert that actually, their area is the crappiest.

as someone has already said, use your common sense wherever you are and you'll be fine.
morris743
:biggrin: Any unis in particular?

Alot of them. But it reminds me of this girl at my UCl interview, she was talking to people about how her dad was ''reatrded'' for not getting air con in the new car he had gotten her.
I experienced far worse problems in one visit to Salford than I have in numerous visits to London.
Reply 47
Kensington and Chelsea is a really rough ghetto.
Reply 48
Outside.
Edmonton.. AHHHH it's not called shank town for no reason. Not a nice place!
coming from a londoner, i'd say the scariest place ive been is elephant and castle!
The motorway, I'd imagine most people standing on one would be seriously injured most times...
Reply 52
west ham vs millwall match
Reply 53
london's fiiiine! just a load of bored fools who wanna pretend it's kingston Jamaica!
Born2Win
per

No they will not[PERIOD]
Reply 55
Born2Win
p

you get stabbings and crime where there are alot of whites, there he ones that caue alot of the problems
Ki_Kudos
Kensington and Chelsea is a really rough ghetto.

ahhh don't even get me started on Downing street

eeeeeeeesh that road is bare rough
Reply 57
lukejoshjedi
ahhh don't even get me started on Downing street

eeeeeeeesh that road is bare rough

:lol:

Heard some crazy sod by the name Geo Broon runs the place with his krew.
Ki_Kudos
:lol:

Heard some crazy sod by the name Geo Broon runs the place with his krew.

yeah their gang's called the 'labour party' or something

bare at war with the Conservatives, i heard some guy from the labour party got shot yesterday by a Con outside no 42 on downing street :rolleyes:
Kilburn.

You could get burnt or killed.

Latest