The Student Room Group
Power Station Simulator, University of Strathclyde
University of Strathclyde

Exeter vs Strathclyde

I am thinking on applying for international business in either strathclyde or exeter, however i have heard there isnt much to do in exter and glasgow is really dangerous, what is your opinion
Original post by Anonymous
I am thinking on applying for international business in either strathclyde or exeter, however i have heard there isnt much to do in exter and glasgow is really dangerous, what is your opinion

Hey Anon! Glad you're considering studying at Strathclyde 🙂 I actually studied International Business (with French, I graduated in 2018) at Strathclyde and I really enjoyed my time studying in the Business School. There's tons of opportunities within the degrees to get great experience and boost your employability skills, as well as travel internationally 😀

I'd not say that Glasgow is really dangerous from my experience growing up and living here. Like most large cities there's areas that aren't as nice, but the majority of the city is really vibrant, busy and safe. All the streets in the centre are well lit and there's lots of people around and I don't feel unsafe when I'm out. Once you get to know the area you'd be able to confidently get around.

It's up to you and the type of experience you'd like as a student. Glasgow's a big city so there's lots to explore, see and do. Whereabouts are you applying from? If you've not visited before it's worth coming to see it and get a vibe of it for yourself. It may be exactly what you're looking for, or it might not be right for you but visiting is the best way to suss that out firsthand 🙂 If you can't visit then use apps like Unibuddy to chat to current students in the places you're considering and they'll be able to share their experiences with you.

Caitlin
Official University of Strathclyde Rep
Power Station Simulator, University of Strathclyde
University of Strathclyde

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending