The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Rusty
Hey everyone

Got an AAB offer to study geography at downing (cam) on new years eve...any one else got an offer for geography at cambridge or just anyone from Downing? itd be great to get in touch :smile:

hi. i applied for geog at selwyn. my m8 applied to downing for geog though. i was wondering if you wouldnt mind me asking what your exam results have been?
Reply 2
yeha sure 8A*'s and 2A's at gcse and 4A's at as level, ironically im doing a geography retake this january. but to be honest i odnt think that its the most important factor in getting accepted, ive heard of laods of people who got amazing grades and got rejected.
Congrats to you Downing peeps :smile: I'm so envious coz I'm still waiting for my results to come through. The wait is excruciatingly long.
Reply 4
lilsunflower
Congrats to you Downing peeps :smile: I'm so envious coz I'm still waiting for my results to come through. The wait is excruciatingly long.

Have a good sleep?
Sazzle
Have a good sleep?

Lolz hey again! Yeppers. The sleep was pretty good. 4 hours was very sufficient (I get by with 2 a day).. Yay I'm off to the beach today.
Reply 6
lilsunflower
Lolz hey again! Yeppers. The sleep was pretty good. 4 hours was very sufficient (I get by with 2 a day).. Yay I'm off to the beach today.

Have fun! Hope it takes your mind off things.
Sazzle
Have fun! Hope it takes your mind off things.

Hehe! I had a great time :smile: The beach is so lovely.. and it was high tide so the entire beach was just covered in shells. I'm so happy too coz' usually its unbearably hot, but today it was slightly cloudy and didn't get dark until about 7pm. Whee! Now I've got enough happy vibes to last until Monday when I hear my results. Thanks for asking..
Reply 8
Rusty
Hey everyone

Got an AAB offer to study geography at downing (cam) on new years eve...any one else got an offer for geography at cambridge or just anyone from Downing? itd be great to get in touch :smile:

Well done!
Reply 9
Rusty
yeha sure 8A*'s and 2A's at gcse and 4A's at as level, ironically im doing a geography retake this january. but to be honest i odnt think that its the most important factor in getting accepted, ive heard of laods of people who got amazing grades and got rejected.

my friends results were identical to ures, and shes doing re-takes in jan. i agree with what ure saying about grades not being the most important factor, i was just intrigued. noticed ure from leicester, i'm from wolverhampton.....come on you wolves!
Reply 10
Veedy
Well done!

Thanks! :smile:
Reply 11
koolstar
my friends results were identical to ures, and shes doing re-takes in jan. i agree with what ure saying about grades not being the most important factor, i was just intrigued. noticed ure from leicester, i'm from wolverhampton.....come on you wolves!

has she heard yet? yeah ive given up trying to guess what they want now, guess i dont need to, but im still fuming on behalf some of my mega clever friends who didnt get in :frown:

ps Leicester will always reign supreme!
Reply 12
Rusty
has she heard yet? yeah ive given up trying to guess what they want now, guess i dont need to, but im still fuming on behalf some of my mega clever friends who didnt get in :frown:

ps Leicester will always reign supreme!

she must have heard by now, but i havent spoken to her cause she is on hol,but i'll see her at school on tuesday. i've heard about a couple of my m8s who havent got in, its quite weird but what can we say....shit happens.
Reply 13
any updates??
Reply 14
Rusty
any updates??

yep. she's in the pool.

Latest

Trending

Trending