The Student Room Group

AS Maths while taking A2?

First of all thanks for viewing this and hopfully you can help me (assuming i did actually started up a new thread like i hoped :confused: ). My problem is that I want to take Finance and Economics B.S.C Hons at university and alot of universites want A level Maths, or at the bare minimum AS Maths. Problem is I didn't take maths at AS level this year because it went against History which I really liked back then (and ironically only picked Economics because it was there and hated it for a while) and I'm just wondering if its worth me doing AS Maths while doing A2 because I hear it's hard and if i muck it up i can't really do resits since I will have finished year 13 and be going off to university (i hope :p: ). If it helps i'm taking Economics and History at A2 (got an A in both of them for AS) but un certain about the other subject (either Sociology which i got an A in or ICT which I got a B in, I will also do General Studies at A2 but that is compulsory, got a B in that too). Many thanks and I look forward to what you all think. :smile:
Reply 1
firstly congrats for getting good As results. maths isnt hard at all as long as you put in th work.

there is a new sylabus which is Core maths. it way easier than what i did at alevel which was pure maths. so go for it

you wont regret it. everyone in the As maths got A cos the syllabus has been stretched out over 4 books instead of 3. so you wont do some of the stuff i did.

work towards getting an A but if you get a B its still very good.
Reply 2
Thanks for that, and after talking to a friend who did Maths at AS this year (got an E for it, sort of puts me off abit) I've decided to go for it. If i fail I fail, I won't know though if I don't try. Thanks again. :smile:

Latest