The Student Room Group
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I'm staying in room 56 Liberty Works, Sheffield Hallam....anybody else ?!
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website
omg!!!! :eek:
Tatty
Hey, I got number 23 at Hilary house. I went to look at it yesterday and, well, yeah, I'm not living there. It was such a disappointment. :mad:

I mean, the house isn't bad (it's much more overgrown than the picture in the book by the way :p: ), it's just the location. I went to look with my younger sister and I felt really unsafe. I mean, it's a rough part of Sheffield, really run down and it smells so, so bad :eek: . My boyfriend's uncle was brought up in that area and his family were the only family that didn't have a family member in prison. That was some years ago, though, so maybe it's not as bad now.

Anyway, I'm not trying to put you off or anything, just sharing my experience and suggesting that you view before you sign. I'm certainly glad I did as it's not where I want to live. Also, my sister doesn't want to be attacked by little kids when she comes to visit (we were walking down the road and this little girl followed us and started whacking her with her toy. We were like, 'OooooK'. >_<)

h crap i don't know what to do now :frown: its too late to be guranteed anywhere else decent...bugger
I'm in Woodville Hall at Collegiate Crescent Campus (Sheffield Hallam) and I should be going to look at my room next week. I would have preferred Broomgrove as it's closer to the English department but apparently Woodville is the only one with rooms left.
Reply 24
flat 63 devonshire courtyard at sheffield uni :smile:
Reply 25
xXMessedUpXx
h crap i don't know what to do now :frown: its too late to be guranteed anywhere else decent...bugger

Just go and have a look at it - you never know, you may like it. It's just, it wasn't for me. I'm not sure if I'm going to go to university yet or not, but if I do accept the place (which will have to be in the next few days :eek: ), I'm going to go private.

btw, when does the acceptance have to be in?
Reply 26
10 days after you get given a place i believe, its around 1st september I think.
Reply 27
Ahhh! I don't have an address yet! I'm worried...
Reply 28
jaybones
10 days after you get given a place i believe, its around 1st september I think.

thought it was fourteen days? Oh no, I have to make a big decision soon. Agh :eek:
Reply 29
I'm in stephenson hall:biggrin:
Reply 30
Tatty
Hey, I got number 23 at Hilary house. I went to look at it yesterday and, well, yeah, I'm not living there. It was such a disappointment. :mad:

I mean, the house isn't bad (it's much more overgrown than the picture in the book by the way :p: ), it's just the location. I went to look with my younger sister and I felt really unsafe. I mean, it's a rough part of Sheffield, really run down and it smells so, so bad :eek: . My boyfriend's uncle was brought up in that area and his family were the only family that didn't have a family member in prison. That was some years ago, though, so maybe it's not as bad now.

Anyway, I'm not trying to put you off or anything, just sharing my experience and suggesting that you view before you sign. I'm certainly glad I did as it's not where I want to live. Also, my sister doesn't want to be attacked by little kids when she comes to visit (we were walking down the road and this little girl followed us and started whacking her with her toy. We were like, 'OooooK'. >_<)

You've scared me now!! im in hilary house and im def goin up 2 look at it now. what happens if we dont sign the contract...get put somewhere even craper?? :confused: :frown:
Reply 31
Wow, same course and same accomodation! :p: I'm sorry I'm scaring people, I just wanted everyone to look before they signed. I mean, it may be OK to some, but to me, it just isn't what I wanted. I'm off back up there today, going to take a list of private accomodation and look at them - maybe. I don't know. I need to decide if I want to go yet or not. I might just go shopping instead and pretend deadlines aren't looming. Yeah, good plan.
xx_sair_xx
You've scared me now!! im in hilary house and im def goin up 2 look at it now. what happens if we dont sign the contract...get put somewhere even craper?? :confused: :frown:

they say they can't gurentee other accomodation (hey i'm in Hilary House too). I'm going to look at it today (oooh Tatty i may see you!). And if i'm not happy i'm going to email and beg the accomodation services.
Bramall Court :biggrin:
Leadmill Point
Reply 35
When is everyone moving in ? I can move in from 10th September.
xxEvaxx
When is everyone moving in ? I can move in from 10th September.
25th of September for me, which seems rather late.
im in room 2, 21 Endcliffe Avenue (Sheffield Uni!!)
I'm still waiting. :frown:

I tried calling them yesterday, was calling from about 2:30-5 (when people are supposed to be at the phones) and kept getting the answer phone :mad:
Reply 39
Student_Type
25th of September for me, which seems rather late.

I'm moving my stuff in on the 13th but i'm officially moving in on 26th ! :smile:
When does your course start ?! Mine starts on 27th lol.

Latest

Trending

Trending