The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Based on the evidence, it seems that the main aspect that influences universitiy decisions are the predicted grades. I hate to say that you may have trouble getting into universities that want 300 points, but you're in at a good chance at getting an offer if the typical grade requirements are 180-240 points.
It also rests highly on the universities in question that you have applied to. Which ones have you applied to, and what course have you applied for?

Edit: Don't worry about it too much, I thought that no unversity would accept me either, and they have done!
Reply 2
i've applied to

Essex
De Montfort
Kent
Luton
Leicester
Roehampton (Surrey)

All to study Criminology

i dont mind which uni i go to but Kent and Essex are the top of my list!
Reply 3
Lawrence
i've applied to

Essex
De Montfort
Kent
Luton
Leicester
Roehampton (Surrey)

All to study Criminology

i dont mind which uni i go to but Kent and Essex are the top of my list!

Good luck! Try not to think about it too much... At this stage the universities will probably be quite quick in getting back to you, so check your UCAS tracker regularly!
Reply 4
If Kent reject me, but i still get the points to go in August..is there anyway i can go through clearing and still go Kent? and if i get the grades to go to my first choice do i HAVE to go there or can i apply through clearing to Kent?
Reply 5
If you get the grades to go to your first choice, you can't go through clearing.
Reply 6
I know that Kent have literally all their courses in clearing..don't worry too much!
Reply 7
what subject did you apply for, that makes a lot of difference, also if you only get CCC will you really be up to doin a degree in that subject, but i think you will get in the unis u state in my opinion almost anyone gets into, maybe with the exception of liecester
Reply 8
Closing date for all unis (excl. Oxbridge + Medicine + Vet.) is 15th January. There will still be lots of places available so don't stress :biggrin:
Reply 9
CCC are good grades! I think you will definitely be up to doing the degree and anyway A-levels are all different with some being harder than others so you can't always expect to be getting As.
Reply 10
And Essex and Kent are not easy to get into. Could you be another oxbridge applicant Cobra?!
Reply 11
Well you should get an offer from Luton and they will probably be flexible even if you dont want it.
I requested some info from Luton before I applied through UCAS, it wasnt one of my UCAS choices in the end but they still sent me correspondance telling me that if I missed my grades to contact them direct and even when I started my course I carried on receiving information from them for absolutely ages.
I think Leicester is generally quite competitive, and Kent as I recall is very good for criminology it is one of the subjects for which it is rated excellent so I think that probably is one of the most competitive subjects at Kent.
De Montford are generally quite accommodating they have a lot of clearing places, and I dont really know anything about the others though I think Essex is very good for some subjects.

Latest

Trending

Trending