The Student Room Group

UCAS and American Transcripts

I am an American high school student. I plan on applying to UK unis in the fall. I plan on applying as an independent applicant.

I am worried about sending my transcripts. As a homeschool student, I am take dual-enrollment university classes through multiple universities. However, I see no options to send my transcripts in the UCAS application. Does anyone have any idea what I will need to do?
You would list all of your qualifications - courses/results and those you are currently taking - on your UCAS application.
If any of the UK Unis want transcripts and more info, they will email you to ask for it once they receive your application.

I would advise you to get in touch with all of your intended Unis in advance of applying to see if they will accept the qualifications that you are taking - especially as you are 'home schooled' and taking a variety of different elements.

Also - be aware that UK Unis will expect an academic reference from someone who has taught you.
Original post by McGinger
You would list all of your qualifications - courses/results and those you are currently taking - on your UCAS application.
If any of the UK Unis want transcripts and more info, they will email you to ask for it once they receive your application.

I would advise you to get in touch with all of your intended Unis in advance of applying to see if they will accept the qualifications that you are taking - especially as you are 'home schooled' and taking a variety of different elements.

Also - be aware that UK Unis will expect an academic reference from someone who has taught you.

I’ve thought a bit about who I would want my reference to be. Do you think that a reference from my uni English teacher would be sufficient? Also, do you think that it would be alright if my reference came from a non-uni teacher (where they have taught me, but not as a professor)?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending