The Student Room Group

2024 uni applications

I’m going forward with my gap year this upcoming year and wanted to know if anybody is aware of the best time I should send in my university applications. Say I send them in at the start of this next academic year, are there any presumptions of when a university may respond given I wouldn’t be relying on receiving my a levels that year?
Reply 1
Some unis will start offering as soon as people submit their UCAS application. Thus if you submit early Sept knowing you have the grades to get into the course you have applied for, you may be sitting on one or two unconditional offers before Christmas. Other unis will wait until the application process is closed and then they will review all applications. It will vary from uni to uni.
Original post by Scienceconsumer
I’m going forward with my gap year this upcoming year and wanted to know if anybody is aware of the best time I should send in my university applications. Say I send them in at the start of this next academic year, are there any presumptions of when a university may respond given I wouldn’t be relying on receiving my a levels that year?

Responses could be any time from when you send in your application until the deadline in May.
Reply 3
Unis do not make any assumptions from the timing of your application - and it doesnt influence their decision.

If you submit your application before the middle of of November (half-term) you are more likely to get a decision before Christmas but there are no guarantees.
Thank you all for the messages!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending