The Student Room Group

university

what should i do when i’ve missed the ucas deadlines for applying to a different uni (for first year again in a new course) during my first year at my current uni.
Reply 1
what should i do when i’ve missed the ucas deadlines for applying to a different uni (for first year again in a new course) during my first year at my current uni.
Reply 2
Original post by meddz

Was this medicine/dentistry/vetinary or at Oxbridge?

If not then there's still time (UCAS deadline for most courses, with the exception of the ones I've just listed, is the 31st of January 2024).
Original post by meddz

The only UCAS deadline which you could have missed is for Oxbridge, medicine, veterinary medicine/science, or dentistry. Is that the case?

For everything else, the equal consideration deadline isn't until January 31st.
Reply 4
Original post by DataVenia
The only UCAS deadline which you could have missed is for Oxbridge, medicine, veterinary medicine/science, or dentistry. Is that the case?

For everything else, the equal consideration deadline isn't until January 31st.

thanks for the info, but hypothetically speaking what should i do if i end up missing the deadlines cause there’s so much to sort out before i can submit before my applications and i don’t know if i’ll have the time this is a decision i’ve just recently made
Original post by meddz
thanks for the info, but hypothetically speaking what should i do if i end up missing the deadlines cause there’s so much to sort out before i can submit before my applications and i don’t know if i’ll have the time this is a decision i’ve just recently made

The January deadline is just the deadline for equal consideration. It is possible to apply afterwards and be considered, but not all universities will consider applicants after the January deadline at all, and for those that will the key thing to remember is that they aren't obligated by their contract with UCAS to consider you equal to applicants who submitted their application before the deadline. It would be best to check with unis before submitting an application if they consider applicants after the deadline for that course.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending