The Student Room Group

Brighton Rock

right, got my exam on the 8th June, secured a B in my coursework, but need to get a good grade in my exam :s im actually so worried because i dont know much about this book, it was really hard to get into and found myself daydreaming when going over it in class, its gunna be a real struggle, we gotta compare it with Lies of Silence, im confident with that book, anybody got any advice on the other one though?

like how does graham greene show the difficult choices that the characters have to make,, or,, any ideas on themes like heaven/hell trust??

help xxxx:woo:
Reply 1
I studied this book at AS last year and am resitting in January, and wasn't too sure about it either, there's no proper revision guide for it and the notes are limited. Anyway, the points I would debate, are:
- Rose's choices are limited as she is either too uninformed to make them or is persuaded by Pinkie
- Pinkie's choices are dependent on his roman catholic beliefs, mainly about Hell and Damnation.
- Ida bases her choices on right and wrong rather than good and evil.

Unfortunately I studied A Clockwork Orange so I can't really help with Lies of Silence! Hope this helps as a starting point though :-)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending