The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I was genuinely passionate about law, now I HATE, HATE, HATE it.
Reply 41
I hope so that's the reason why I am doing a Foundation year now instead of doing an MChem degree :P

Physics ftw!
I love speech therapy!
It's genuinely really interesting, obviously there are some parts I enjoy more than others but that's to be expected. I love doing placements and I think I'll be really happy having a career in it.
Obviously I like it less at this exact moment though because I'm still doing exams haha :frown:
Reply 43
Wanischa
I used to absolutely love it...now I'm not so sure.

You are very pretty. :smile:
Reply 44
laura_j90

What do you hate about it?
Reply 45
doivid
What do you hate about it?

I just hate how consuming it is, compared to the topics all of my friends are doing. I know a degree is meant to be intense, there never seems to be a moment where there isn't a piece of work to do. As soon as one piece of work is done, there's another to prepare. This is probably the case with all degrees, I'm just very stressed at this moment because it's exam period! And this year has had very boring substantive modules (in my opinion). Hopefully next year will be better as we got to choose 5 of our own modules.

It's all down to personal opinion, I just can't imagine anything as boring/time consuming as spending the rest of my life doing this.
Yes, but no more than many other things so it came down to what I know most about so I can doss the first year.
i LOVE history, it's so exciting like i want to scream and shout.
Reply 48
Yup, I love it.

I've done it as a hobby for a while, and when I finally realised that I could make a living by doing it, I made up my mind :biggrin:
Yep, I love it. I already made the mistake of trying to do a course I was just 'meh' about last year.
jumblebumble
Do you know exactly what you want to do and are you passionate about it, or are you applying for a course just because you are good at it, or to go to a good uni, or just for the sake of getting an easy degree? What do you truly want to study?

Bingo!
I don't care what I do, as long as it involves maths and lots of money. Just turns out I have a mild interest in both insurance and accounting and this subject fits everything really :smile:
I've wanted to study English since I was about 15... Despite all my science teachers encouraging medecine I never considered it. Doing something that you love and being happy is more important that having tons of money and no self satisfaction as far as I'm concerned.
Tefhel
Yes absolutely. It's kinda stupid to waste money and time doing a subject you hate unless the only subject you like is surf studies or something.

A
I think degree in surf studies would be pretty cool. If it involved 3 years of travelling to hot countries with sick surf I wouldn't complain. So don't mock what's not right for you
Reply 53
donej1
i'm not sure i can deal with another 3 years of 'spot the main verb,' I'll have to wait and see.

Lol, thats why I didn't want to take English at university :s-smilie:

I'm so bored of English at A level, especially grammar!
laura_j90

What made you change your mind?
I LOVE english and writing and I don't think that even at degree level would I hate to see a full bookshelf. There are parts of English I don't enjoy (Shankspeare was okay but Gaskell was a bitch for writing North and South, I HATE it) but the degree I'll take has some interesting sounding stuff.

I kinda wish I'd checked out what the other unis are doing in depth but it's all good, and I get to do creative writing which'll help me with my book :biggrin:
Reply 56
snowshine
You are very pretty. :smile:

Thank you :3
Reply 57
I've become more interested in specific aspects, and less interested in the discipline as a whole.
I'm hugely passionate about my subject, to the point of obsession :h:
I don't understand why anyone would spend so much money on a degree if they weren't that interested in the subject.
Reply 59
ranbow99
Lol, thats why I didn't want to take English at university :s-smilie:

I'm so bored of English at A level, especially grammar!

lol so much worse with latin and greek, its liking banging your head against a brick wall.

Latest

Trending

Trending