The Student Room Group

Ruined passport, will it be ok in the airport?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Mine's like that...went to NY a couple of months back, no questions asked.
Reply 41
It is VERY questionable as to whether they'll accept it. They can reject a poor condition passport, and that's awful. I take my passport on nights out all the time and it's in much better condition than that is. What do you DO with it?
ste_mc_efc
You don't even need a passport for domestic uk flights.

you do on Ryanair. They don't accept driving licences.
You might as well replace it to avoid any hassle anyway, but as long as the page with your photo/info on it is intact, I don't see why there would be any major issues. The rest of the passport is just virtually useless paper after all.
Reply 44
My friend was in exactly the same position, used his passport on every night out and it was less dog eared than yours. He went to the airport last summer to jet off on a weeks holiday to Corfu with ten mates and they had to leave him behind because they wouldn't let him passs through with his passport :frown: The main reason was because the plastic on the photo page had started to peel off and they said he could have peeled it back and replaced the photo! Definitely get a new one rather than risking missing your holiday
I'd get a new one to be on the safe side personally.
on mine the UK logo is completely gone from the front and I have been travelling fine on it.
Reply 47
Hi. I have put my passport in the wash and ment to fly from Birmingham to greece on Thursday do you think they will accept it? I come throw another airport and they told me the chip in the back in a bit damaged?
Wait, would they accept mine? I’m going to CERN in June. My passport is covered with chocolate (most of it is cleaned off) and is damp from alcohol :s-smilie:

QM

Quick Reply

Latest