The Student Room Group

Who else can't be bothered with general studies tomorrow?

Scroll to see replies

just asking, what do you do in General Studies?
vertigo.0012
There's a syllabus for general studies???

Lol, that was word for word my reaction :p:
Oh, and to answer the original question, me.
Reply 23
Sample Question: To what extent do you agree with the statement ‘knowledge is power’? [30]

CBA!
Reply 24
what is it? What do you do in it?
Reply 25
I got an A in this and didnt go to a lesson for 10 months, yet all my friends who went to every lesson for EMA purposes, get U's.
Revising is pointless for general studies, it will be on something current in the news, or something completely random that is common sense. Its easy! And completely pointless! Dont waste your time on it! :biggrin:
Reply 26
D2Z
Sample Question: To what extent do you agree with the statement ‘knowledge is power’? [30]

CBA!

I remember that, my mate wrote about hitler, saying he was stupid yet still had power, got an A i think. legend!
Reply 27
*Raises hand* Waste of bloody time.
Cupcakee
Anyone got any tips? Not sure about you, but my
school didn't do lessons for this subject

You're not the only one. I have no idea what to expect tomorrow, and frankly I'm quite happy to remain ignorant until the very last minute.
Reply 29
It's probably going to be on politics and whether you think 16 years should be able to vote and also on reforming the system, I mean, elections are every 5 years or something.
so if you got 10 mins just research arguments for and against 16 year olds being able to vote, do a quick search on politics etc. bring in examples.
GS is a piece of piss. You're doing A levels so you should at least get 27/30 on the multiple choice questions, that'll get you a D all on it's own, and those 3 marks will only be lost on something silly.
Just remember they're not trying to trick you - there wont be trick questions. Simples.
GS is silly, I don't even mention it when people ask what A levels I do because it's just so lol.
live_on_fascination
A friend of a friend apparently wrote his AS Level General Studies exam all in German and still got 17 UMS marks. Just thought I'd share!

Is your friend on tsr so i can rep him, or shall i just give it to you to pass on?
Reply 31
how did everyone feel after the exam today? :smile:
Just checked the syllabus out of pure curiosity.

It's less of a specification and more guidelines to what teachers should teach.
Not followed greatly in my school, the only lesson I can remember was watching Spiderman and designing our own superheroes...
how's everyone feeling about general studies - the science paper on wednesday?
[INDENT]
Original post by mehhh.....hi.
Snap Snap... I didn't even know there was a syllabus .... ha. Ah well, I am gonna risk it for a biscuit me thinks :p:

* risk it for a chocolate biscuit...not just any old biscuit! :biggrin:

And, yeahh, that's what I'm going to do tomorrow too! :smile: I can't beeee bothered with general studies.
It's at 1 right?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 36
People actually revise for General studies?
Original post by Shelly_x
People actually revise for General studies?

I don't think you can, can you?

You can watch the news from about 18 months ago (when the papers were written) and remember what an opinion is. After that you should be good to go :yy:

Also, check this out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogX07jgrZOs
Reply 39
Original post by Jack22031994
I don't think you can, can you?

I didn't think so... nor would I think it would be worth anyones time to do so. I just turned up to the exams and wrote got A's on the essay paper, D's on the science.

Quick Reply

Latest