The Student Room Group

🌟💡✨ another wellbeing blog? what a bright idea ✨💡🌟

Wellbeing blog last year went well... until my ability to use tsr on a laptop was severely impaired (computer dead :colonhash:). Plus the discovery that tracking things the way I did actually made some things worse :redface:

💡General Plan~

To be all science-y about it, this year's model will be based around monthly goal(s) or foci and I'll try and maintain whatever progress I've made (without explicitly keeping track of it) and reevaluate the next month

💡General Wellbeing~

Spoiler

Spoiler

💡Academic Goals~

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

💡Physical Wellbeing Goals

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

(edited 1 year ago)

Scroll to see replies

Posting to follow :hugs:
2/1
🌟 My Day

Spoiler

💡 Takeaways/Today's goals

they gave me an exercise at PT and I'm going to do it one or two times every day until the next PT appt (about a week) so I can at least say I tried

trying to get back in the habit of sleeping at night and starting work earlier in the evening because once I switch those around the cycle of "stay up late doing hw-> take a nap early in the afternoon-> not enough time, stay up doing hw-> etc" should improve somewhat. So the goal for that is just today and tomorrow get my work done by 10.

I AM going to drink water today (specifically whatever is in my water bottle atm before I get home)

if I have time today i need to study for a test coming up in a week in addition to the test tomorrow I'm definitely preparing for

This was a really negative first update but I'm a tad grouchy :colonhash: tomorrow will be better
(edited 1 year ago)
2/2

🌟My Day

Spoiler

💡Takeaways

Aiming for 10 again tonight and then waske up normal ish time to work on Saturday

✨Drank about 10oz during classes yesterday, going for the full water bottle (17) today . Don't know how understandable customary volume is to metric people

✨Doing 3 sets of the exercise maybe

✨Definitely studying for that other test over the weekend and making sure my notes are set up to be usable in the future

✨Finishing that one project this weekend. Including creating my bibliography and process paper
(edited 1 year ago)
@64Lightbulbs - noticed that your thread has gone into moderation/unapproved - this sometimes happens when the original post is edited (often with links etc.), so I've approved the thread for you. Just as an fyi, but please let me know if you have any issues!
Original post by BurstingBubbles
@64Lightbulbs - noticed that your thread has gone into moderation/unapproved - this sometimes happens when the original post is edited (often with links etc.), so I've approved the thread for you. Just as an fyi, but please let me know if you have any issues!

Thanks so much! Couldn't quite figure it out last night, thanks for sorting it out for me :biggrin:
🌟 2/3

Finished a little chicken watercolor I'd been working on intermittently for a few weeks :smile:

Major L didn't fill up water bottle and never bothered to during the day.

Happy with grades on a few tests too <3

Finished cats cradle. Idk it was funny. No deeper thoughts worth typing it out but I really liked it. Reading a book by Torrey peters (iirc) now

Tried to get through as many of the physical therapy exercises as possible. Did a set on each and then got to about 50 on the bad leg before it was too much and 60 on the good knee. (compared to 30 recommended. I don't know how arbitrary 30 was but it was enough for one set yk)

🌟 2/4

Slept in, worked on a school project and studied all morning. Finally got up and about at like noon and we played a board game. Very chill day and I got a significant portion of hw and such done.

Main issue was an unfortunate series of events. Started dishwasher before sitting down to work on a project from maybe 9-11. Some stuff I had recorded for it was not as usable as I thought. Could not re record with dishwasher being loud as hell. Could not work on project. Dishwasher was really driving me insane but I wanted to get something done with the project. Mostly just did barely anything for 2 hours until the dishwasher was done, re recorded the thing, went to bed like 1am and woke up at 11 today.

Did a couple sets of PT exercises again

🌟 2/5

Woke up late again (but finally got a solid 10hrs in, so not dead nd exhausted anymore). Went rock climbing with a group and it was kinda lame because person organizing it signed up for the wrong thing. Couldn't do so much anyways with my knee but I had enough fun. Really want to go back more often over the summer or at least when school chills out a little more.

Finished studying, did not work on the project more. :/

We've been watching takeaways with Natasha Lyonne and it's actually so so so good. I love when there are sets and costumes and thought out camera movements/angles and plots that tie together and Natasha lyonne!!!

Going to bed now!! At 11(12) !! yay for me

💡Takeaways

FILL THE GODDAMN WATER BOTTLE. if there is nothing in it I cannot drink water. Big brain moment here

Have nothing due Tuesday besides reading a few chapters of a book. Going to get home monday and spend a solid two hours editing my project together bc it's due Wednesday at midnight. I am going to sleep somewhere close to enough today so I'm not exhausted tomorrow

Gotta set up more rock climbing stuff for over the summer and see what I've got to do for that. Planning and all that

Also going to practice my music before class Tuesday

Review a little more tomorrow/Tuesday because there were a few concepts on the tests I still don't get
2/6

🌟 My Day

Spoiler

💡 Takeaways

Need to study more tomorrow

Consistency with drinking water.

Have an appointment at 5, get home around 3, going to work on my project for 2 hours tomorrow

I guess I have to do a foreign language assignment too :/
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by 64Lightbulbs
2/6

🌟 My Day

Spoiler

💡 Takeaways

Need to study more tomorrow

Consistency with drinking water.

Have an appointment at 5, get home around 3, going to work on my project for 2 hours tomorrow

I guess I have to do a foreign language assignment too :/

I need to stay consistent with drinking water too 😭 we've got this!
Carry a 5L bottle of water with you in your rucksack. It will build you up physically, and remind you to drink when you need it.
Was very busy Tuesday-friday and have taken the weekend to do absolutely nothing for the firsf time in a while. However that does include neglecting this thread. Pinky promise (to me) to start a post tonight and will probably post tomorrow morning
2/7-2/13 Highlights

🌟 2/8

Had a major project and test due on the same day for the same class. Studied a bunch on the test and happy w my grade. Project is graded (happy with that too), but I wanted to submit it to a competition thing and I still haven't gotten to that yet. (Officially have + got in :biggrin:) Between work and PT and that project I haven't had a lot of free time to keep up with this

🌟 2/9

PT doesn't feel like it's going **** for me at all :/

🌟 2/10

Fundraising season has started and opening weekend has been fantastic.
Didn't drink enough water (as usual) but it bothered me a bit today.

🌟 2/11

More fundraising. Nm else I'm chilling

🌟 2/12

My father has the emotional maturity of a child and my sister has her own issues so she doesn't micromanage his reactions like I do. My mother is dealing but she doesn't appreciate the occasional third child she has to parent. Did some homework though and the chiefs won which was cool.

🌟 2/13

small vent. I am not feeling very wellbeing.

Spoiler

🌟 2/14

Got a girl a carnation for valentine's even though she's annoying. Big mistake.

Going to deal with the consequences of my actions, drink some water, and do well on my calculus test. Have PT today so hopefully it goes a little better this week.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by DHammond III
Carry a 5L bottle of water with you in your rucksack. It will build you up physically, and remind you to drink when you need it.

Carry a 20lb backpack around anyways. I will have terrible headache and not drink water, so idrk. Sticking with drinking water each class, but thank you for the idea
(edited 1 year ago)
Oh dear, poor you... :frown: Sending hugs :hugs:
(edited 1 year ago)
Haven't posted in forever but I have a few major deadlines for Friday related to goals so I'm going to wait until after that for an update yk. 🌟
Original post by 64Lightbulbs
Haven't posted in forever but I have a few major deadlines for Friday related to goals so I'm going to wait until after that for an update yk. 🌟

ok :smile:
💡Last two weeks have just been deadline after deadline followed by sleeping 24 hours in two days and then repeat. Finally posting the last update for February.💡

🌟 Life Updates/Detailed Goal Information (kinda crazy long but it's for me primarily so)

Spoiler

🌟 Final February Goal Updates

Haven't really gotten better about my self image in regards to my weight/shape. I've been eating 2 meals a day more often but have been substituting... Other... Unfortunate things for restricting. Not better, just different? Id rather restrict but . Neither is good so the path forward has not revealed itself

Did well enough and submitted to a few competitions. Genuinely very proud of myself, but results aren't out yet. Suspense....!!!

Been doing better in calc, slightly behind because I missed a lesson recently. Happy with my grades as grades were due recently

Been slightly better about being more conscious of drinking water. I mostly drink water when I get home and around 11 because my head hurts/I feel drowsy. Which is definitely an improvement.

Physical therapy was not was it was made out to be, have a week until the next Drs appt to evaluate everything again.

Reading Detransition, Baby by Torrey Peters which is so so so good and has been on the list for a while. Next up is Pale Fire by Nabokov which from the bits I've read is more complex in its language but definitely also a book I'm looking forward to. I love reading I just never make it a priority between everything else going on.
Didn't do that art show :/

Have a volunteering possibility lined up (it would just be for experience, but it's at the blood bank so you can't complain yk)
There's a youth jobs program run by an organization I found recently too

🌟 March Goals

💡I keep saying 'March will be nice' so ... Going to have good days in March. Meaning in going to read and make art and do fun things and let life chill until April when example prep begins.

💡 Going to review my resume and apply to the youth jobs program.

💡 If I make it to further rounds of some competitions, I want to make quality improvements :smile:

💡 Per usual, drink more water.

💡 Been thinking more obsessively/frequently about what my weight is so I'm not going to weigh myself until end of march (well, that's the goal)
🌟 3/1

I had a good day. March is nice and it will keep being nice!! Forgot to turn in some late math HW I could have an extra day on but maybe he meant by the next class. Idk fingers crossed for today lol I spent forever on that. Had a meeting about next year's classes, and the only issue was with the technical side of inputting the art class which is halfway sorted. Have a fair bit of homework to do tonight. Forgot my water bottle through the usual factors (sleepy)

💡(Mini) Goals

Adapt overcome survive with no water

Read

Have a good dat

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending