The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
SouthernFreerider
but it does annoy me how religion meddles in things it shouldnt. i.e. people's day to day lives.

I feel the same way about the forceful secularisation in parts of the world too.

Democracy
Whilst many people will be drawing Mohammad to simply piss off Muslims, I don't think Muslims should resort to tyrannical measures like censoring the internet.

Agreed.

It plays right into the hands of those who want to provoke a response for their own political / ideological ends.
This is mad!
Reply 82
Democracy
The rights to freedom and liberty of thought and expression are inalienable and not subject to a vote.

In your eyes maybe.

Nothing is objectively inalienable. What makes your view any superior to somebody who states that a certain expression should not be tolerated?

Absolutely nothing. :yes:

RabbitCFH
Unlike us, at least they're gonna pass their exams. :dontknow:

Lol so true. :p:
Reply 83
Democracy
What the hell is wrong with you?

If freedom of expression and thought mean so little to you, why don't you go live in Pakistan?

Talk about living up to stereotypes :rolleyes:

There is nothing wrong. :h:

Lol, is this freedom of speech or a sought to ignite/outrage muslims?

And why is everybody so desperate about their right of freedom of speech whenever it comes to degrade Islam?

Stereotypes? Oh please. If standing by who i am and what I believe in makes me a stereotype, be it. :h:
Reply 84
-M$ Ultr@-

And why is everybody so desperate about their right of freedom of speech whenever it comes to degrade Islam?

Stereotypes? Oh please. If standing by who i am and what I believe in makes me a stereotype, be it. :h:

Are you seriously suggesting that Muslims have the right not to be offended? In a free and open society, nobody should have or even want to have that 'right'.
I'm sure this pleases Allah greatly.

2 extra virgins for every Pakistani male.
Reply 86
Kreuzuerk
Are you seriously suggesting that Muslims have the right not to be offended? In a free and open society, nobody should have or even want to have that 'right'.

Not to be? :p:

They always are offended in some or the other way.
Reply 87
Religion poisons everything.

Case in point, this kind of censorship is what happens in totalitarian regimes that censor drawings and criticism of dear leader. If anything this just goes to show what kind of ideology, what kind of belief Islam really is.
-M$ Ultr@-

:blah: :blah:

Since when did two wrongs make a right?

So they're attacking you, and in response you support the censorship of the internet? :wtf:

Maybe cause it's Muslims extremists who are making all this fuss? :erm:

Seriously, find me a Christian country that's banned facebook because of religious reasons?

Ha ha yeah, but then you can't shout "ISLAMOPHOBIA!!!!!!111" if anyone ever accuses Muslims of being freedom haters...you're playing right into their hands ":h:"
Reply 89
Facebook is **** anyway
Reply 90
Ocassus
Silly silly people.

shut up u bloody hell, pakistanis are not silly but u are the gandoos..
Democracy
:blah: :blah:

Seriously, find me a Christian country that's banned facebook because of religious reasons?

I'm not biased in the slightest, I find all of the Abrahamic religions equally ridiculous, but I think you might struggle to find one. I mean a 'real' country and not some **** hole with a population of 1 million, most of whom don't have computers anyway.

Islamic countries are the more extreme and oppressive, these days anyway. :awesome:

Catholic church is failing hard. Teaching kids that condoms are evil so as to spread AIDS? Psht. I WANT PUBLIC EXECUTIONS AND CRUSADES, DAMNIT.
Reply 92
DJkG.1
In your eyes maybe.

Nothing is objectively inalienable. What makes your view any superior to somebody who states that a certain expression should not be tolerated?

Because his view advocates all humans being equal in their person. Your view, or the latter view insinuates that some human beings are superior to others and i do not think i need to list the uncomfortable prospects that makes legitimate.

If you are willing to say that you think some human beings are superior to others then fair enough, but i think that says alot about you.
Reply 93
Something offended them so the government banned it? Nice :hmmm:
Reply 94
Democracy
:

Maybe cause it's Muslims extremists who are making all this fuss? :erm:

Most "Christian" countries are secular and practice seperation of state and religion hence your point isn't really logical, even more so, I'd be hardpressed to find Christians that adamant about their faith that they would care even though the Bible instructs otherwise.
I don't blame them. They probably got pissed off at all the banter flying around after they lost the T:20 semi after making 190 runs.
Reply 96
DJkG.1
I feel the same way about the forceful secularisation in parts of the world too.

Agreed.

It plays right into the hands of those who want to provoke a response for their own political / ideological ends.

blocking facebook dsnt mean u cant live now, dfntly its against our Prophet (PBUH), if we still use facebook its means we too are indirectly involved in it.
the question is why doesnt facebook block this page if it claims to do so???
Reply 97
Lucky guys at least they don't have to waste valuable hours of their lives for 10 days :frown:
Reply 98
buyingtheticket
I don't blame them. They probably got pissed off at all the banter flying around after they lost the T:20 semi after making 190 runs.

well we lost in semi but look at south africa, india, westindies, newzealand they were pissed in super eights.....and for ur kind info we were the champions.
Diaz89
Most "Christian" countries are secular and practice seperation of state and religion hence your point isn't really logical, even more so, I'd be hardpressed to find Christians that adamant about their faith that they would care even though the Bible instructs otherwise.

Thanks for proving that politicised Islam is an enemy to both freedom and liberty :wink:

Besides, she asked why all of this was directed towards Islam. I simply told her because at this moment in time Islam happens to have the most prominent extremists.

Latest

Trending

Trending