The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Hey, just a quick question.
This:
http://store.aqa.org.uk/over/stat_pdf/AQA-GCSE-LEGACY-GDE-BOUND-JAN10.PDF
was released on March 25th approximately 2 months after the Jan 2010 exams.
So will the May 2010 exam grade boundries be released at the end of July???????
Reply 121
VeggieHJT
Hey, just a quick question.
This:
http://store.aqa.org.uk/over/stat_pdf/AQA-GCSE-LEGACY-GDE-BOUND-JAN10.PDF
was released on March 25th approximately 2 months after the Jan 2010 exams.
So will the May 2010 exam grade boundries be released at the end of July???????

Yup.
Reply 122
adil12
Yup.

Thanks! At least I will not be panicking over the grade boundries all summer!
Hey guys just wanted to know if i fell 2 marks under the A* grade boundary in B2... but i got 41/45 in B1 (A*) would i still get an A* overall or am i delluding myself...
Because that test was completely random
Reply 124
crazycake93
Hey guys just wanted to know if i fell 2 marks under the A* grade boundary in B2... but i got 41/45 in B1 (A*) would i still get an A* overall or am i delluding myself...
Because that test was completely random

possibly, anyway extension adds to it aswell so...
Reply 125
Oh and for rate of photosynthesis, i put

1) volume of gass produced? aint that same as bubbles but more accurate ? :frown:
2) time

and for the controll variables:
1) mass of pondweed
2) temperature constant (people said its wrong? but i thought they done the experiment at 40,50,60) so if it goes to 41* it would change the rate etc)

thanks
adil12
If you lose heat, you are losing the hot stuff, so surface of the skin cools xD

This is making me confused lol my biology teacher said the vessels dilate in the question. Maybe she didnt hear the question properly or not but grr im so confused. it has to be constrict my mind is playin games with me lol
Reply 127
TooEasy123
This is making me confused lol my biology teacher said the vessels dilate in the question. Maybe she didnt hear the question properly or not but grr im so confused

No way dude, constrict because core body temperature was low, don't worry man we are right for sure! :biggrin:
adil12
No way dude, constrict because core body temperature was low, don't worry man we are right for sure! :biggrin:

yeah lol but im worried about that lactase question. i answered the questions fine.
For the pH one i answered it right but then said it is unlikely lactase was broken down in the stomach

And for the bile question, was it related to lactase enzymes working better or just so that it emulsifies fats for lipase?

do ya think ill still get the marks?
Reply 129
TooEasy123
yeah lol but im worried about that lactase question. i answered the questions fine.
For the pH one i answered it right but then said it is unlikely lactase was broken down in the stomach

And for the bile question, was it related to lactase enzymes working better or just so that it emulsifies fats for lipase?

do ya think ill still get the marks?

The bile one was just it neutralises the acid produced in the stomach, and provides alkaline conditions in which enzymes in the small intestine work most effectively :biggrin: And yeah I think you would still get all the marks for that question :smile:
adil12
The bile one was just it neutralises the acid produced in the stomach, and provides alkaline conditions in which enzymes in the small intestine work most effectively :biggrin: And yeah I think you would still get all the marks for that question :smile:

Lol. I know ive definitely lost 4 marks altogether (2 carbon compound, animal chromosome number mistake, why carnivores repsire more than herbivores) other than that i could only drop about 1 more mark :P
was it only 1 mark for the carbon compounds?
jellybaby2830
was it only 1 mark for the carbon compounds?

1 mark for each carbon compound

I put Glucose and Starch
Reply 133
TooEasy123
Lol. I know ive definitely lost 4 marks altogether (2 carbon compound, animal chromosome number mistake, why carnivores repsire more than herbivores) other than that i could only drop about 1 more mark :P

Dude i wouldnt think like that lol, avoid anyways of thinking you will definitely get what you wanted, to avoid any disappointment in the rare cases that you get a bad grade :eek3: .

How many marks was the whole mitosis question with the number of chromosomees and the meiosis question with the nnumber of chromosomes and why is it beneficial that it splits, i was sooo dum i wrote so that two daughter cells are formed :s-smilie:, only after i realised it was for growth and repair. Also how many marks was the question for the three boxes and what substance was made in the pancreas and how it woz adapted LOL imm soo annoyed i wrote protease ! And that it had stomata in the box c WOW ! That was soo stupid because stomata is only in plants whyyy ! i cant believe i done that and i need an a star :mad:
adil12

Yeah it was a two mark question so i wrote exactly what you wrote... Plus i wrote about emulsifying fats because it said at the beginning of the question that the milk contained fat
adil12
No offence, but are you stupid? xD You just said it yourself, CARBON COMPOUNDS, you are saying they would accept starch and sugar as an answer? Wow, you don't have to specify what they are made of, if you don't know that carbohydrates, fats and proteins make up the body of plants then why even do Biology? -.- And for the record, it's "right", not "write"...

Since I got 96 UMS in unit 1, I don't think I am stupid no. I never said that I wrote sugar and starch, so i don't know where you got that from, maybe it's you that is stupid? hmmmmm
Yeah I know that carbohydrates, fats and proteins make up the body of the plant, but what is your point.......
TooEasy123
Good answers. the pancreas makes the 3 enzymes though - protease, amylase and lipase.

the question about lactase. i think i made a dumb mistake, i thought the table say how long the lactase took to be digested? so i put the same thing as you but in the end said, it is obvious that it was not digested in the stomach due to the wrong pH.

then for the bile question i put it emulsifies the fat in milk breakin it dwn to small droplets (bigger surface area) for LIPID ENZYMES to work faster.

Are you sure it was referring to the enzyme lactase (was that even an enzyme? i cant remember now. lol) i thought the table showed how long it took to be broken down :s-smilie:

the table showed how long it took for LACTOSE to be broken down by LACTASE. the enzyme is spelt with an A!
TooEasy123
the GRAPH SHOWED THAT TEMPERATURE INCREASES. so surely for this to happen the VESSELS CONSTRICT to PREVENT BLOOD TO THE SURFACE OF THE SKIN THEREFORE PREVENTING HEAT LOSS BY RADIATION

did anyone put what i did? or am i wrong somewhere?!!!

The blood vessels will dilate to warm up the extremities, they will only constrict during hypothermia.

Evaxxxx1234
Since I got 96 UMS in unit 1, I don't think I am stupid no.

>Implying it's difficult to get high UMS

96 UMS in B1 means NOTHING.

Reply 138
Evaxxxx1234
Since I got 96 UMS in unit 1, I don't think I am stupid no. I never said that I wrote sugar and starch, so i don't know where you got that from, maybe it's you that is stupid? hmmmmm
Yeah I know that carbohydrates, fats and proteins make up the body of the plant, but what is your point.......

I see, and I got 100 UMS, so I don't think I am either. And you said I am not right, have you never been taught that carbohydrates, fats and proteins are carbon compounds? The carbon from carbon dioxide absorbed by the plants is used to make carbohydrates, fats and proteins which make up the body of plants, thats my point, that my answer is not wrong like you said it was.
Reply 139
VisualKiddy
The blood vessels will dilate to warm up the extremities, they will only constrict during hypothermia.

>Implying it's difficult to get high UMS

96 UMS in B1 means NOTHING.

No, the blood vessels will constrict due to drinking the ice cold drink, shown in the graph by a temperature rise.

Latest

Trending

Trending