The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I know it well, that terrible stage of revision avoidance where you start counting ducks in Daily Mail articles.
Reply 2
who counts them?
Reply 3
JW92
I know it well, that terrible stage of revision avoidance where you start counting ducks in Daily Mail articles.

Haha so true. :o: :o:

and yes, I did count them ALL. :biggrin:
rounded down to the nearest ten?
It's because all the immigrants have given them a brain tumour and affected their numerical skills... cough
You think that's bad? Y'know how The Sun constantly has these polls that supposedly reflect "public opinion", and how they'd been having a lot of them in the run up to the General Election? One of their pie charts added up to 98%, while another added up to 101% >_>
Reply 7
Some came along for the ride and a cheeky photo for the Mail?
Reply 8
The other 8 could be from the other goose that "lends a hand" as the article describes.

a large number of these geese probably won't make it to adulthood.
"Time for a cull"

- Neil Regan, Alsancak, 22/5/2010 11:16

:toofunny:
Reply 10
Thats because the Daily Mail can't do anything right.
Hmmm, time to gain acceptance and popularity amongst my student peers by despising and criticising the Daily Mail, despite having never read it, and also saying that the Liberal Democrats rock my rocks.
Sylvia04
The Daily Fail Mail can't count ...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1280370/Canada-geese-left-charge-40-goslings.html

There are 48 goslings, not 40.

So?
BackDoorEntry
rounded down to the nearest ten?

That would be 50.
Sir_Vile_Minds
That would be 50.

He said round *down* to the nearest ten, not up, so 40 would be correct. This would still be wrong though because if you have like 48, why on earth would you round down to 40 and not up to 50...
Reply 15
They were probably too busy moaning about immiagration and generaly being bigoted to notice xD
Reply 16
This does not surprise me in the slightest.
Reply 17
Best Superlative
You think that's bad? Y'know how The Sun constantly has these polls that supposedly reflect "public opinion", and how they'd been having a lot of them in the run up to the General Election? One of their pie charts added up to 98%, while another added up to 101% >_>

As much as I'd like to agree unfortunately you get this in a lot of places, 'cos if something is say 24.27% they'll round it down to 24% to make it more readable, and sometimes a lot of these segments mean it won't be exactly 100% unless you're rather lucky.
Sprockette
It's because all the immigrants have given them a brain tumour and affected their numerical skills... cough

Obvious sarcasm... apparently isn't obvious. Thanks for the neg anon :rolleyes:
You have to be lenient with the Daily Mail though, there's only one single brain cell between all the editors.

Latest

Trending

Trending