The Student Room Group

SFE address help

I recently received an email from SFE about term time address as I put down I am living away from my parents. When I went to check my account and my parents SFE account (as they supported the application) it only shows me the contact address, which is the same for both. I'm not sure if this also counts as the living address because if so I'm pretty sure my parents put down a different address as their living address. Could anyone help me on this or how to check as I've tried on the account platform with no success. Thanks!
Original post by F_001
I recently received an email from SFE about term time address as I put down I am living away from my parents. When I went to check my account and my parents SFE account (as they supported the application) it only shows me the contact address, which is the same for both. I'm not sure if this also counts as the living address because if so I'm pretty sure my parents put down a different address as their living address. Could anyone help me on this or how to check as I've tried on the account platform with no success. Thanks!

Hi there,

Just to check, are you currently living away from home? Do you plan to continue living away from home while you study?

Thanks, Graeme
Reply 2
Original post by Graeme SFE
Hi there,

Just to check, are you currently living away from home? Do you plan to continue living away from home while you study?

Thanks, Graeme

So this is where there is some confusion. It asks where will you live while studying and I put the option ‘not living with parents and studying in London’. However I’m from London, now currently living at my home address. My parent has moved out to a different address permanently and I am now shouldering the rent, paying directly to the council. So this doesn’t count as my ‘parental home’ as I’m not living with my parent and they don’t live here.
Original post by F_001
So this is where there is some confusion. It asks where will you live while studying and I put the option ‘not living with parents and studying in London’. However I’m from London, now currently living at my home address. My parent has moved out to a different address permanently and I am now shouldering the rent, paying directly to the council. So this doesn’t count as my ‘parental home’ as I’m not living with my parent and they don’t live here.

Thank you - can you please tell us what the e-mail is asking you to do? For example, are you being asked to provide proof that you're not living with your parents?

Thanks, Graeme
Reply 4
Original post by Graeme SFE
Thank you - can you please tell us what the e-mail is asking you to do? For example, are you being asked to provide proof that you're not living with your parents?

Thanks, Graeme

It's asking me that they may ask for proof that I'm not living in my parental home
Original post by F_001
It's asking me that they may ask for proof that I'm not living in my parental home

Okay, that's no problem, I appreciate you can't provide regular proof, like a tenancy agreement in your name since your parents own the house.

In this case we'd suggest asking your parents to write a letter (signed and dated) explaining that, although they own the house, they don't actually live there, and you are the main occupant.

That way, if the assessors need evidence you can give this to them.

Thanks, Graeme

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending