The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I couldn't imagine a single muslim saying they'll put their country men ahead of their fellow brothers and sisters.

Muslims RULE!!!!

You'll probably only find a few percent, if any, that would put measly country men over muslim brothers and sisters.

Much respect to countrymen, but they don't represent even an atoms weight compared to another muslim.
Reply 41
LivingMemory
How does that help you?

What you're saying is, you like fellow Muslims wherever they are from, more than your fellow British citizens, because British people are, for want of a better word, the Muslim equivalent of heathens to you?

Just because Muslims put Muslims first doesn't exactly mean that they don't care for British at all as you seem to be suggesting.

LivingMemory

In that case, why do we even accept Islam in this country? Why do you even want to be here if you feel nothing for the people? The quality of life? I just can't understand it. It just seems ungrateful given the acceptance of many Muslims into this country.

You accepted Islam in this country when you wanted cheap labour from the third world back in the 60s.
Reply 42
Diaz89
Kennedy when asked about his loyalty to the United States over Catholicism,

"Astute Kennedy survived the question and got away with a simple answer. Should the two loyalties-the Pope and the Presidential office-conflict, Kennedy said, he would give up the Presidential office but remain a simple Catholic. (Time, September 26, 1960).

thats not exactly an answer is it? This is about if it came into conflict with his duties, i.e. would he as a president do something against his faith, and its reasonable he would say no. But whats unreasonable is to say one would value muslim PEOPLE over non-muslim PEOPLE.
Reply 43
Considering this proves all Muslims hate Atheist, or anybody not Muslim, I conclude I hate you all and you deserve no respect. Leave my country and leave this .co.uk forum.
Diaz89
Kennedy when asked about his loyalty to the United States over Catholicism,

"Astute Kennedy survived the question and got away with a simple answer. Should the two loyalties-the Pope and the Presidential office-conflict, Kennedy said, he would give up the Presidential office but remain a simple Catholic. (Time, September 26, 1960).

Again I am getting a feeling that majority of posters around he are not aware of the term: Ummah(Nation) <--- Google that. Should end the discussion right away.
Reply 45
Annoying-Mouse
It actually is. There have been countless of polls from Muslims. You can play that game, but your choice. If I ask you who you are, would you say I am brutish, then a Muslim or I am Muslim, then I am British. You are just making it seem hard/confusing.

You're telling me that they're can't be any ambiguity regarding indentity? It's not a zero sum game.
Reply 46
agolati
I couldn't imagine a single muslim saying they'll put their country men ahead of their fellow brothers and sisters.

Muslims RULE!!!!

You'll probably only find a few percent, if any, that would put measly country men over muslim brothers and sisters.

Much respect to countrymen, but they don't represent even an atoms weight compared to another muslim.

why not live in an islamic country in that case?
Reply 47
what is it with all these "do muslims.." "would muslims" threads? we're not frikking aliens! and you can't collectively judge since we all have different opinions being different indiviuals. thank you very much OP for generalising and sticking us all into one category when concerning something that is completely dependent on the person. why don't you just pop us all in an observation tank and see how we react in a scientific experiment.
Reply 48
LivingMemory
You're a good person.

Thank youu :smile: + rep for you
Broderss
Considering this proves all Muslims hate Atheist, or anybody not Muslim, I conclude I hate you all and you deserve no respect. Leave my country.

LOL we don't hate check out the verse I quoted just now.
Annoying-Mouse
Basically are you a Muslim first, British second? Or British first, Muslim second?

You are only British in Britain but you are a muslim regardless of the place.

So naturally I think the choice would be Muslim first...however, as many have said, this thing isn't as clear cut as that.
sahil112
as an ethnic pashtun from afghanistan i put my pashtunwali and pashtuns first before any other people.

Salaamuna, sanga ye taso? :biggrin:

(For the moderators, this means: "Salaams, How are you? :biggrin:"

http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Pashtun-Society/219067544411?ref=ts
Reply 52
Let's see where the OP wanted this thread to end up...
ibysaiyan
LOL you got me wrong. Its simple as that... just like there is a British or a Somali,or Habashi. Islam in itself is nothing but of Muslims. See where I am getting at?Nothing for the people? oh come on how do you come out of that awkward conclusion? jeez

&#8220;All human beings are a single nation&#8221; (2:213). &#8220;All human beings are naught but a single nation and yet they disagree&#8221; (10:19). &#8220;And verily this your nation (human beings) is a single nation&#8221; (21:92) and (23:52).
There..
And from the last sermon of out prophet (pbuh):
In his Farewell Sermon, the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) declared: &#8220;All mankind is from Adam and Eve, an Arab has no superiority over a non-Arab, nor a non-Arab has any superiority over an Arab; also a white has no superiority over a black, nor a black has any superiority over white except by piety and good action. Know that every Muslim is the brother of another Muslim, and that Muslims constitute one brotherhood.&#8221;

I may have come on a little bit strong initially but only because this feels like a rejection by the Muslim community - essentially 'we may live here with you, but that doesn't mean we care'. If someone looks at 7/7 and can't decide which side they are on, because they feel more affinity to Muslims, even though they did wrong, that worries me.

And Ok, those are accepting passages. However I'm sure they have been cherry picked, you could read the Quran right now and find me passages on stoning non-believers and waging war for Islam to conquer and convert the world.

wow your sig. is massive.
ibysaiyan
OP wants to know: Who do Muslims prioritize first?

I know what he means. I'm just saying why Muslims specifically? I mean why not Christians and Jews as well? It's like saying, fat people (or a specific type of group), what's your best type of food? Why not thin and average people as well...this thread is kinda racist...
Reply 56
anon_law
thats not exactly an answer is it? This is about if it came into conflict with his duties, i.e. would he as a president do something against his faith, and its reasonable he would say no. But whats unreasonable is to say one would value muslim PEOPLE over non-muslim PEOPLE.

It's not about duties, it's about his fundemental allegiances. If you would ask "pure" English Christians or Jews, they will tell you immediatley, they put their faith and it followers before any nation, because when it comes down to, one book sends you to heaven, the other doesn't.

Muslims do not value someone on the basis of their race or nationality, Muslims only judge people on the basis of their obedience and piety to God.

That being said, it doesn't mean Muslims don't obey and respect their host country
Reply 57
ibysaiyan
Again I am getting a feeling that majority of posters around he are not aware of the term: Ummah(Nation) <--- Google that. Should end the discussion right away.

Indeed :yep:
Reply 58
anon_law
why not live in an islamic country in that case?

Why shall I? I don't care that you are offended, I respect my countrymen, which in this case would probably include you if you&#8217;re British.
I was born here, although I am half Italian, I am full on british. I choose british muslims over british non-muslims. It&#8217;s a non-brainer. I would never fight against a muslim country ever.

Just because I would choose my muslim brothers and sisters any day, it doesn&#8217;t mean I should move to another country, nor does it mean that I have no respect for you if you are non-muslim lol
Reply 59
satisfactionatlast
.this thread is kinda racist...

Islam is not a race. :rolleyes:

Latest

Trending

Trending